What did you do in the garden today?

Looking forward to tomatoes 🍅 so much!!!
Those little tomatoes almost a carrot orange...my neighbor grew some that resembles them last year & shared. They were little but oh so flavorful! I was popping them in my mouth like grapes every day, so darn delicious 😋. I saved seeds from them & have sprouted them. I cannot wait til I have tomatoes this year, growing 4 types. I have no idea what the name of these little orange buggers are, she can't recall, but they are wonderful! Think of tomato with sweet & tart, just the right balance to wake up your tastebuds, the essence of a fresh summer garden that leaves ya wanting more. For me they were so awesome & travel well in a baggie to the jobsites, 😋 yum!

Last edited:
What the heck is going on with weather? Seriously...Saturday was 40 degrees, super windy, (felt like 30 degrees) cold, wet, I had my full winter gear on. Then we are gonna get up to nearly 90 degrees again Wednesday? WEIRD!

It is just bizarre to me...wanting hot crock pot meals wearing full winter clothing...then mere days later back to sunscreen & t-shirt & sweating. I guess I gotta keep an assortment of clothes in the truck with me lol.
Screenshot_20240506_061944_WBOC Weather.jpg

Last edited:
I did a million, billion things outside today, but most of all I finished a project that's been on my punch list for 9.5 years. The zero turn was eating away the dirt below this tree I planted and nothing would grow there anymore and it was starting to erode. I FINALLY dug a tree ring and put in stone, all with proper underlay, drainage etc. The mulch looks weird because of the angle of the hill and where I chose to stand to take the photo. It's not heaped like it appears.
View attachment 3822473

4 hours, one of which was a quick run to the city and back to grab 8 more stones and 8 bags of mulch. Yes, it's a LARGE area.
That looks great! 👍

The rain has finally moved out. Warm and sunny in the low 70’s today and tomorrow. I need to pick up a TSC order this morning then get busy working on planting as much as possible. The 6 foot bamboo poles for the beans arrived a few days ago and I have plenty of 4 foot poles for the bush beans. Last year the early peas I planted grew a little more than 3 feet tall. So I want to be prepared for that again. I have 9 potato plants coming up now so it should be safe to plant the pinto beans next to them now. Have a great day all.

Back
Top Bottom