What did you do with your flock today?

Today I Painted our WFBS, Salvador Dali’s portrait. That’s what I did with my flock.

Attachments

• 9A3ED466-5E58-4C83-825C-B74BAE8B31AD.jpeg
    9A3ED466-5E58-4C83-825C-B74BAE8B31AD.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 5
That’s awesome!! I’ve always wanted to paint one of my birds, but I’ve always struggled with the feathers.
Thanks FrankieDoodle! Things like hair and feathers can be tough to paint. Don’t try to paint feathers but rather shapes of light and dark. If you paint whole shapes of light and dark, you can paint gestures and the illusions of feathers will appear. i was once in a workshop an the instructor made the comment not to paint everything you see,” no eyelashes on the snake” is how he put it. That had always stuck with me and its a good mantra to have especially with fur and feathers ‘. Hope that helps!

Thanks FrankieDoodle! Things like hair and feathers can be tough to paint. Don’t try to paint feathers but rather shapes of light and dark. If you paint whole shapes of light and dark, you can paint gestures and the illusions of feathers will appear. i was once in a workshop an the instructor made the comment not to paint everything you see,” no eyelashes on the snake” is how he put it. That had always stuck with me and its a good mantra to have especially with fur and feathers ‘. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips! Those are really useful.

The darndest site no phone with my Broody momma her 3 peeps in tow she got to warm in the little coop so took them back to her coop with the others settled right down ... Six legs under her coo coo all the way

i didn't do much with them today, had to fix the car and they played in their yard behind the house. i did give them some watermelon and bread earlier. Cinny, the red one gobbled it right up, Thelma the BR didn't seem to sure..... I think she is still a little unsure of me. I just got her back a few weeks ago

View attachment 2209177

Aww, Thelma looks so fluffy!

Back
Top Bottom