What did you do with your flock today?

It's very good for medicine when steamed to remove the sting, and provides calcium for chickens. usually i would collect it and let it dry, then mix it in their feed. once it is wilted there is no sting. i'm surprised he likes to eat it fresh.
one study shows it lowers mortality in broiler chickens from pulmonary hypertension due to its antioxidant effect. another study says it improves the quality of eggs along with immune system function in layer hens. however, other studies have found no effect on immune system function in broilers.
freeze dried stinging nettle LEAF is reported to act as an antihistamine and works well in seasonal allergies. Nettle ROOT is used in men's prostate formulas....

Aloha gang! Wow, lots of activity. Welcome one and all.
Yesterday I merged my solo buff with the 6 lights in a mutual brooder for outside grass time, cleaned up brooder box and put them all to bed together.
20211109_084407.jpg

20211109_084557.jpg

Forest and Mango eventually got bored and found other things to do.
20211110_081834.jpg
meanwhile, work on the arbor continues on...

Chicken count today is 38 which means chicken math is alive and well because I thought I only had 28... lol?
20211110_064411~2.jpg

flock has been grounded to the run till after egg o'clock lately. I have a few pullets that are close to POL and a few old hands that have bad mountain habits.
20211110_064843.jpg
Forest thinks the chickens are his responsibility and I often find him lounging in the middle of the run. He seems to like being a farm kitty a lot. He and Mango play a lot and he gets along with everybody.
Kittens are still pretty beat up but we are working on it every day. They are eating on their own and playing a lot. Today is bath and disinfect day again. Baby steps ♡♡♡
20211109_104358.jpg
Have an awesome day all! 🌴😎🤙

Aloha gang! Wow, lots of activity. Welcome one and all.
Yesterday I merged my solo buff with the 6 lights in a mutual brooder for outside grass time, cleaned up brooder box and put them all to bed together.View attachment 2894208
View attachment 2894213
Forest and Mango eventually got bored and found other things to do.View attachment 2894215meanwhile, work on the arbor continues on...

Chicken count today is 38 which means chicken math is alive and well because I thought I only had 28... lol?View attachment 2894224
flock has been grounded to the run till after egg o'clock lately. I have a few pullets that are close to POL and a few old hands that have bad mountain habits. View attachment 2894228Forest thinks the chickens are his responsibility and I often find him lounging in the middle of the run. He seems to like being a farm kitty a lot. He and Mango play a lot and he gets along with everybody.
Kittens are still pretty beat up but we are working on it every day. They are eating on their own and playing a lot. Today is bath and disinfect day again. Baby steps ♡♡♡View attachment 2894231Have an awesome day all! 🌴😎🤙
Haha, I love that you didn't know you have more chickens than you thought :D That is the true definition of chicken math! It is such a real thing, I just had no idea.

I think it's so cute that Forest is taking to being a chicken sitter :) It's super cute! Those little kittens are sooo tiny and cute. So lucky to have you in their corner!

I have a head cold and it's cold and wet outside, so the chickies might be on their own most of today :( I had to lock Betty out of the coop, so I'm hoping that breaks her need to brood. So far she has been acting like a normal chicken since I locked her out. Gonna open it later today and see if she goes back again or not. Off to nap now! Happy Wednesday! :)

Haha, I love that you didn't know you have more chickens than you thought :D That is the true definition of chicken math! It is such a real thing, I just had no idea.

I think it's so cute that Forest is taking to being a chicken sitter :) It's super cute! Those little kittens are sooo tiny and cute. So lucky to have you in their corner!

I have a head cold and it's cold and wet outside, so the chickies might be on their own most of today :( I had to lock Betty out of the coop, so I'm hoping that breaks her need to brood. So far she has been acting like a normal chicken since I locked her out. Gonna open it later today and see if she goes back again or not. Off to nap now! Happy Wednesday! :)
Sorry about your head cold. 🤧🤒 and I hope you feel better real quick. I'm sure your flock is devastated by your absence lol

Great job PJ! Cute little cuspers. 🐣💛💛

K. I got a horse photo with the rooster who had a broken leg! He is completely better now living the life! ♡♡♡ miracles do happen!
52740.jpeg

PS. More horse photos please.
1636605060219.png
1636605073432.png
My cat LOVES to chill on the horses' backs!!!
1636605276230.png
this is obviously him WAY younger! He was a rescue found under a bush so I had to bottle feed him and such. He was raised around(and ON!) the horses lol
1636605356580.png

1636605118675.png
Chillin in a feed pan...
1636605175323.png
My sister and I barrel race so here are our girls in their running gear ready to go! Also Ebony and I waiting at the gate...
1636605628238.png
1636605382182.png
Waiting tied at the trailer for our runs...
1636605409206.png
1636605441729.png
Heres Blue rolling after getting brushed...
1636605491042.png
Ebony meeting Dexter....
1636605577966.png
And finally... one VERYYYYY muddy pony lolllll

I didn’t spend any time with the birds yesterday. I wasn’t feeling good so I was in bed all day. When I went out today everyone was super excited, and Iris tried to feed me a slug. XD
Everyone “flocked” (hehe) towards me as soon as I sat with them. Even Puff Puff and Renie were chilling just out of arms reach, and those two really don’t like to be near me.
Beigie acted like she didn’t recognize me until I grabbed her. Apparently I’m not very memorable to her. I can’t image what she’d do next time I’m gone for more than just a day. :lau

I think Santa lost all of her feathers overnight. Tomorrow I need to remember to rake the run before I let them out, because every time I see it I think someone was murdered in there. They’re pretty small birds, so how they have so many feathers is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom