What did you do with your flock today?

Thanks everyone, it’s definitely been a rollercoaster of emotion! I was going to have to figure out what to do with 4 roosters in spring, but I reallllly hate that it had to go this way 😢 I am learning that loving chickens is both an enormous joy and also an enormous sadness because there are so many ways they can die 😢 It will hurt my heart every time, but I know it’s part of the deal. When you have illness in the flock you end up with the strongest immune systems that last. 💔😢 I’m going to miss him so very much.

Merry Christmas GIF by happydog

Was a really great morning!! Lots of presents and happiness ❤️ The kids were so excited and shocked by the kitten 😍 She’s already in my daughters lap sleeping while they watch TV 😍😍 she’s so happy she hasn’t really spent any time with her other gifts!

On a much sadder note, Eevee’s heart gave out today and he died in my arms. I’ve been sobbing for the last hour and holding him. I’m sure it’s a bit ridiculous to be so upset, but he was my first chicken I just fell in love with and my heart is broken 💔 I’m not sure what I need to do differently but clearly I am doing something wrong to lose 3 chickens in only one month. 😢😢

I hope you all have a great day and lots of love and family time.
I’m so sorry to hear about Eevee. I know you’ve been doing your best when it comes to your birds, it’s so sad to hear you’ve been having issues anyway. :hugs:hugs

I’m glad your kids love the kitten!

Back
Top Bottom