What did you do with your flock today?

The little peeps got upgraded to wire today. Normally it takes them a little bit of time to adjust, but these guys took it pretty well.
E515150D-5650-448B-B88F-77FE5DFB7E93.jpeg

They’re getting so big already. 😭

Happy Sunday! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I wish I had snow too! I really miss living somewhere that gets snow!

Today was an easier day but still shrouded with sadness. I woke up with a terrible headache (probably from crying) and had to get the house ready for my in-laws to come for second Christmas. We had a nice visit but having company always wears me out.

My son finally decided to give the kitten a try today, and I think he’s a fan 😍 She has been carted around by both kids most of today and slept all evening on her new cat tree we got her for Christmas 😁 I really want to go sit with my chickens but it’s been too wet. I am ready for a bit of a break from the soggy conditions. It’s stressing me out that more will get sick 🤒 😞

Taking the son to pick out his fish and decor for his fish tank. Should be a fun day I hope haha.

Attachments

• BB032980-31F7-44B0-8D07-7159CF894FCF.jpeg
    BB032980-31F7-44B0-8D07-7159CF894FCF.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 16C5AF68-3EEC-4B7F-8AA9-03A8EF120A3E.jpeg
    16C5AF68-3EEC-4B7F-8AA9-03A8EF120A3E.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 11059A69-9D0E-498B-9DAA-2CC5D40C8C5E.jpeg
    11059A69-9D0E-498B-9DAA-2CC5D40C8C5E.jpeg
    701.5 KB · Views: 2
Wonderful Photos .. We have about 7 inches fluffy white stuff.. Birds will not walk in it..
Thank you! I will be back around snow someday! I miss it so much! My favorite thing is to either go for a snow walk and enjoy the peacefulness and cold weather or I will just sit outside with some hot chocolate and watch the flakes collect in silence. It’s just the best and I really miss it! Birds are smart though! No snow boots no snow walks 😆

I’m sorry Kirby! :hugs Eevee was gorgeous. 🥺
Thank you. He was and he was a special boy. He always seemed to be listening to me and his eyes were so expressive I swear I could tell he trusted me just by the way he looked at me. I will miss his crowing and his chatting he would do when I talked to him. He also always got sad when I left the run and would call for me. He was a bit of a butt to my husband but even my husband cried when he died. :-(. His first love Charlie seems to have decided that without him she’d rather be in the big coop with the pullets…so tonight the two silkies were all alone in the small coop. Made me sad 😞

The flock won’t be the same without him. Already Puff is attempting to take his place as top rooster. His crow is not quite as pleasant as Eevee’s was—lots of higher pitched tones. And he crowed right in my ear yesterday and it was ear splitting 😆 but so far it hasn’t seemed to change his willingness to sit with me and let me hug him. He’s a really great boy and looking very much more rooster like!

Aloha all, sorry, quit getting alerts again and was a but distracted with other stuff.

Wow, 10" of snow. I guess enjoy the miracle ♡

@kurby, I can't tell you how sad it makes me that your heart is still breaking. It just goes to show what a big heart you have. I'm sure after the whirlwind is over you will get your time to sit with the loss and have your time to greave.
Beautiful photos and spread ♡

@FD. Way to embrace the chicks lol. Think that is making lemonade! Love the photo props and the photos of course. ♡♡ super terrific!

Room called around a bit, and it looks like Sonny isn’t a sexlink after all. We don’t know what she is, or if she’s a girl or not, but at least now I know there’s a 50/50 chance instead of 100.
The people said she’s some kind of white bird, but they didn’t know what. I think she’s either going to be a leghorn, California white, one of their special mixes (but those often have a bit of black on them, so probably not that one), or some other breed I don’t remember the name of.

Back
Top Bottom