What did you do with your flock today?

Well I needed prayers for a different chicken it seems. I swear my plans from now on should be to expect a chicken to die the day we leave on vacation. 😢😢 Fluff just does not seem to be recovered from the ailments he’s been dealing with and his molt has taken a serious toll. 😢 I was out doing last minute chicken chores before we headed out and Fluff started flapping crookedly and fell over. He won’t stand and his head seemed too heavy for him to hold up long on his own. I do not expect him to make it until we get home :-( I’m super super sad but haven’t had time to process it. He’s such a special boy and I’m going to miss him so very much. I’m starting to have anxiety about traveling now :-( UGH! Chickens need to be invincible dang it.
Oh no! What a lovely boy. I'll send more prayers for Fluff :hugs ❤️Do you think he might have had a stroke? It sounds like what happened to Peggy, one of my ex-batts. She survived it but walked with a limp and couldn't lift her left wing. She died in my arms from a heart attack 6 months later but she still had a decent quality of life and she was nearly 5. I've been giving mine an extra biotin supplement during moult season as it seems to help them feather up quicker and support them otherwise. Clara and Gladys have horrible moults - Clara ends up practically oven ready and Gladys takes ages to feather back up.

Last edited:
Well I needed prayers for a different chicken it seems. I swear my plans from now on should be to expect a chicken to die the day we leave on vacation. 😢😢 Fluff just does not seem to be recovered from the ailments he’s been dealing with and his molt has taken a serious toll. 😢 I was out doing last minute chicken chores before we headed out and Fluff started flapping crookedly and fell over. He won’t stand and his head seemed too heavy for him to hold up long on his own. I do not expect him to make it until we get home :-( I’m super super sad but haven’t had time to process it. He’s such a special boy and I’m going to miss him so very much. I’m starting to have anxiety about traveling now :-( UGH! Chickens need to be invincible dang it.
They just need a crying response!! Your DD giving hugs to him is just too much. 😭😭😭😭😭😭 I’m so sorry! I will be sending ALL my love and prayers your way!! And I agree…invincibility would be fantastic. I’m dreading loosing one of my babies. I mean granted it was hard with the ducks and chicks but there was so many reasons and ways for that sadness. Loosing a chicken that your raised and watch it do that funniest things and learn their personalities…that is a whole other kind of sadness. I’m sorry but I am hoping for a recovery.

Oh Kurby ♡ I wish I was your neighbor. I wish I could help you out and ease your worry ♡♡ I am so sorry. Fluff is in my best chicken thoughts 🙏🙏🙏

Poor baby! We lost a rooster like that years ago. We were out with the chickens and one minute he was fine, clucking and calling his ladies. ..the next minute he was dead. It was so sudden that I think he must've had a heart attack or stroke. I'm glad you guys are getting the chance to say goodbye, though I'll hope he recovers. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Yesterday was such a good day and I got so much done. But last night I started feeling sick and today's no better. Achy, runny nose, coughing, exhausted and a nasty headache. Definitely a couch potato day. Ugh.
Sorry to hear that 🙁 I hope what ever it is passes quickly and I certainly hope it is nothing bad. A quick cold right?! A few naps and tea ♡

I just got my covid booster and flu vax so totally up to date. I plan on being slower at life today too, though usually the day after my vaxs is when I want my nap... and before and so on and so on 😆

Today I spent with my mom, sister, and sister in law. And of course just the nieces..all too young for school. Maybe next time my nephews will be there. Anyway, I got some baby time. 😁 I really should have been home though with this gross weather we are going to be getting. A REALLY bad cold front is moving on. Almost 80 today and tomorrow 37.🤦‍♀️😭 I’m over Mother Natures PMSing…can I please just get some actual FALL weather??!?! And Tuesday…yeah that is snow in the forecast. I think really it’s me just SOO not ready. Not ready for the ducks..chickens…or myself. I HATE the cold 😭

Here’s the cold front moving in 😔😔

Attachments

• C6655AA3-1D56-45A5-BF68-B56F28E8B860.jpeg
    C6655AA3-1D56-45A5-BF68-B56F28E8B860.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 2
  • AACEA181-39B7-43C4-84BB-CEABD66D0E6C.jpeg
    AACEA181-39B7-43C4-84BB-CEABD66D0E6C.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 2
Today I spent with my mom, sister, and sister in law. And of course just the nieces..all too young for school. Maybe next time my nephews will be there. Anyway, I got some baby time. 😁 I really should have been home though with this gross weather we are going to be getting. A REALLY bad cold front is moving on. Almost 80 today and tomorrow 37.🤦‍♀️😭 I’m over Mother Natures PMSing…can I please just get some actual FALL weather??!?! And Tuesday…yeah that is snow in the forecast. I think really it’s me just SOO not ready. Not ready for the ducks..chickens…or myself. I HATE the cold 😭

Here’s the cold front moving in 😔😔
What a view 😍! The weather will pass, the flock will be fine and you will be that much smarter and better prepared for when the REAL weather starts. So, it's like practice :D:D:D.
I hope you get to lite the fire and have some coco for me. I'm still sweating over here... 😓

Back
Top Bottom