What did you do with your flock today?

Beautiful day here ❤️. Got my asphalt emulsion applied on the joined coops. Hopefully it keeps my almost free osb board from being a bad choice for siding. It's soo black! It faces East for the morning sun, so hoping it's not a hot house in the summer too. Might end up giving it a coat of paint to brighten it up. Like all my coops, it's not fully enclosed so might be ok that dark. 🤞
20230305_181507.jpg

Now I just have to spend some time rubbing wd40 into my hands to get the asphalt off 😂...but at least I didn't get any on my face, hair or clothes!
20230305_182140.jpg

Beautiful day here ❤️. Got my asphalt emulsion applied on the joined coops. Hopefully it keeps my almost free osb board from being a bad choice for siding. It's soo black! It faces East for the morning sun, so hoping it's not a hot house in the summer too. Might end up giving it a coat of paint to brighten it up. Like all my coops, it's not fully enclosed so might be ok that dark. 🤞View attachment 3423236
Now I just have to spend some time rubbing wd40 into my hands to get the asphalt off 😂...but at least I didn't get any on my face, hair or clothes!View attachment 3423242
If you paint it use a light color to help reflect the sun back away from it.

Try a monofilament thread. It works wonders! Takes a bit to get used to but it is a game changer.
Ok! I was using like a nylon thread (I believe it was coats and something else). Off the top of my head I can’t remember, I bought it a few months ago.

Editing to add that I just looked it up and it’s the same stuff I have been using. 😭😭

Pretty little Uilani laid her first egg today ♡
20230305_174142.jpg
20230305_175412.jpg

I got 16 eggs, 13 the last 2 days. Think I have a hidden nest or more likely it the 🤬🤬🤬🦟🦟🦟🦟 mosquitos fault.
20230305_174131.jpg

Also that super cool oyster shell I bought the other day is a big hit. I've never seen the chooks clean out their dishes this quickly ever.
20230305_174501~2.jpg

Lawn mower day is always a good day!

Well got my latest stand all painted. Almost ready to go! Yippee!

Pretty little Uilani laid her first egg today ♡
View attachment 3423305View attachment 3423304
I got 16 eggs, 13 the last 2 days. Think I have a hidden nest or more likely it the 🤬🤬🤬🦟🦟🦟🦟 mosquitos fault.View attachment 3423319
Also that super cool oyster shell I bought the other day is a big hit. I've never seen the chooks clean out their dishes this quickly ever.View attachment 3423322
Lawn mower day is always a good day!

Well got my latest stand all painted. Almost ready to go! Yippee!
Pretty little Uilani indeed! 👏
What kind of oyster shell?

Pretty little Uilani indeed! 👏
What kind of oyster shell?
It is what I know as the old style. The Shelly flakes as opposed to the grit looking one. I have not seen it for 3-4 years. I bought 2-5lb post packaged bags. They split up a big bag and made smaller ones w/o labels. Now I'm thinking of going back for a 3rd lol. I'll see if I can't find the brand next time I go into that feed store.

Yall, I taught Gemma and Lydia a valuable lesson. .
If I throw frozen cauliflower out, the girls run to it but it's cold and they think it's just ice so they take off.when it was just them I made sure they watched me sprinkled water on it while I was filling pools. Immediately it broke up and they could eat it.Gemma and Lydia ate it. Looked at me, and then at the next frozen chunk. If Lydia saw anyone coming to investigate she just stood over it!! That is why they are my chunky chicks.lol 😂😂
Now, here's a weird thing. Mine go absolutely crazy for plain old ice! And it's definitely learned behaviour. One of my ex-batts, Maud, used to lose her mind if I put crushed ice out when it was really hot outside. She'd do the same as Lydia and stand guard over it. Now, when our old freezer broke and became 'defrost every couple of days' instead of 'no defrost', Maud would gobble the ice if I chipped it out and they were in the kitchen with me - no matter the weather outside! Clara decided she wanted it as well so she started begging for it too. Well, Ferdy was watching all this with great interest and clearly saw an opportunity. He started tidbitting with it and offering it to Clara and Maud. Pretty soon they were all loving it. Crazy behaviour, huh?

I’m loving doing it! I’m just having a problem with the bottom thread bunching up. I’m trying to figure out what in the world is going on. And of course trying to figure that out online is NOT helping. I don’t know if my tension is too high or not high enough or what it is. I started another bag and I don’t want to finish it until I can get this situated. 😭
My machine is doing the same! I tried to take up a dress and gave up due to bunching thread. I thought it was the tension too but no matter how I adjust it, it still happens. I've given the machine a full clean and oil, re-threaded it from scratch just in case I'd threaded it wrong, adjusted the bobbin screw... blah, blah, blah. It's  still doing it! :he

Back
Top Bottom