What did you do with your flock today?

Yes! The Indigo Girls are the best šŸ˜ Iā€™ve seen them at least 15 times in concert! Amazing music by truly awesome women. Their music has been with me through a lot of happy and also very dark days. ā¤ļø

As for the rainā€¦itā€™s been gloomy and wet all morning and it has me feeling so very blah! šŸ˜© Snow in the mountains is great, but dumping rain is just not doing enough by running off saturated soil!
15 times! Wow, lucky you ā¤ļø. I haven't been to a concert since my 20's. Only been to two ever in fact...Lover Boy and INXS šŸ¤£. That was forever ago! But I'll always have Indigo Girls on my play list...no Lover Boy at all ever anymore šŸ˜‚
Sorry I forgot to comment on your card idea @kurby22 . I think it is terrific, not that expensive to do and a good little investment in yourself. Also love the story behind it ā™” Put yourself out there! and keep us updated on your process if you can. I found that my tags and now fliers (like business card right?) are a good game changer for me.

We still have lots of rain with bluster here. I say that because we are sending it your way. For the first time this year, last night I had to close my coop up for weather protection. It was not completely horrible just wet bluster. In perspective I usually have to staple bags to my coop for a few months. I am always grateful for the rain here as I live on the drier side of the isle. So, no complaints ā™” love the weather drama.

The bags have me so busy I am neglecting most everything else lol. Cept chickens and kitties ā™”. I just can't seem to get caught up, always chasing near empty stands. Good news is the $ collection was much better this time. And I got fiers or mini mission statements out- not sure what to call them. View attachment 3425606View attachment 3425609
Frigging empty stand again ā˜ I had to take from my lihue town stash AGAIN to top it off. And new stand is thinning quickly and they have only had a crate till now šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Here is their new stand pre loadView attachment 3425626love the color- she was happy. I am actively looking for recruits. I need help.

Got kids friends coming this eve to check out chickens and coop area. I may hatch for them. Be a mix jumble of Brahma with the possibility of a few pure buffs but also the possibility of a blue or green egglayer. Always fun ā™”
NOT KEEPING ANY.

Go pick up 80 empty bags this morning. Sew another as many as I can... not catching up.... šŸ˜•

And then there is this...View attachment 3425639View attachment 3425641
Beautiful stand and kitties šŸ˜»...your new boy looks so happy and warm!

Amazing amount of work your doing. I'll have to dig out my sewing machine and figure out where to set it up. If I practice a few times, maybe I can send you made bags next time. I haven't used my sewing machine in years and years though so šŸ¤ž. My machines a bit ancient...lol.

Oh. My. Such a small home.
Sometimes it seems too small but most of the time it seems just right. We spend most our time outside and are also of the age when keeping it simple seems a good idea. I def want to do some freshening up but I need to spend my energy on the shop first.

I'd let you set up one of those stands for your bags over here if you could figure out how to get one to
Be easier to start your own deal from scratch ā™” I'm sure you can talk some kind hearted gal with more time than sense into it lol. Be happy to share my experience but all places are different.

Welp. Picked up beer grain bags, they had a lot and I can't wait to go through them when dh is on the mainland. Way too windy today to deal with bags unless sewing.
We got our second dragon fruit stand set and, just in time as it is pouring sideways now!! The front yard feels more balanced now. Think it will look terrific in a few years with the vines and fruit.
20230308_171621.jpg

19 eggs today. I did find 1 secret nest the other day. Spring is in the air.
Picked 2 soursop fruit.

People came to looks at chooks and coop etc. They seem to be a bit uncertain or maybe it was me explaining the reality of a straight run to them again lol šŸ˜† they may wisely find the patience to wait for a feed store to bring in chicks.

15 times! Wow, lucky you ā¤ļø. I haven't been to a concert since my 20's. Only been to two ever in fact...Lover Boy and INXS šŸ¤£. That was forever ago! But I'll always have Indigo Girls on my play list...no Lover Boy at all ever anymore šŸ˜‚

Beautiful stand and kitties šŸ˜»...your new boy looks so happy and warm!

Amazing amount of work your doing. I'll have to dig out my sewing machine and figure out where to set it up. If I practice a few times, maybe I can send you made bags next time. I haven't used my sewing machine in years and years though so šŸ¤ž. My machines a bit ancient...lol.
Oh your so sweet. I'm OK but bet you would have fun making bags for Christmas or Halloween, birthdays or even Easter! I hear the old machines handle the bag making better than the new but that was not my personal experience. My newer machine handles the work nicely. I don't know, I have forgotten everything I learned from that nice gal in home ec class. That was a lot of life ago...

When I was younger I got ahold of a few of those gunny sacks that they used to put potatoes in. I drew pictures on them and then made some of those rughooked rugs out of them. Embroidery was a hobby that I had too, and I did it by hand. Cross stitching was boring to me though, as it was too much repeating for me.

When I was younger I got ahold of a few of those gunny sacks that they used to put potatoes in. I drew pictures on them and then made some of those rughooked rugs out of them. Embroidery was a hobby that I had too, and I did it by hand. Cross stitching was boring to me though, as it was too much repeating for me.
Oh wow! That sounds impressive! I'd love to have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom