What did you do with your flock today?

We need rain here so bad. Towns gotten some, but out where we are theres been almost none. My huge tree like cactuses are dying from the lack.View attachment 3608967View attachment 3608968
So today I'm cleaning up dead cactus and running water out to them.
But you see all the clouds out today? 🤞 they bring the rain!
Are those cacti an ornamental variety? I never saw those growing in Arizona, at least around Quartzsite.

A pallet coop! And it looks good ❤️. All of my coops are pallet builds too. Those things are downright handy for building with.
Wow on the shed! Really glad no chickens were in it yet!
I love the pallet coops! We did the second duck coop run with all pallets and this one too, except the front. I really don’t remember where I last shared with everyone, so you may have already known that. I love everyone’s coops here. They are just so pretty. Maybe one day I will get mine looking pretty. Right now though they are at least safe. I’m super happy about the shed not having any chickens. But honestly we got it easy compared to others. 😔 Some lost whole utility buildings, metal wrapped around trees, trees on houses, cars, etc. I believe there was a tornado but it was never confirmed. Though some say they seen one. But that was about the distraction. We were without power for a week. I had eggs hatching in the incubator, so I had to get creative to keep them going. Luckily I had a broody hen but one of the call eggs was gonna be hatching. That was an experience. Poor thing had to stay in the incubator that whole time because I couldn’t keep her warm any other way. She got out with me every once in a while but I just felt terrible.

You guys…my backyard is turning into the wildlife super highway 😫😫😫

3FAFB939-B483-47C6-8940-D3A6E5F7F03E.jpeg

36940872-1E5D-4748-B7B4-BA16FB149312.jpeg

I love the pallet coops! We did the second duck coop run with all pallets and this one too, except the front. I really don’t remember where I last shared with everyone, so you may have already known that. I love everyone’s coops here. They are just so pretty. Maybe one day I will get mine looking pretty. Right now though they are at least safe. I’m super happy about the shed not having any chickens. But honestly we got it easy compared to others. 😔 Some lost whole utility buildings, metal wrapped around trees, trees on houses, cars, etc. I believe there was a tornado but it was never confirmed. Though some say they seen one. But that was about the distraction. We were without power for a week. I had eggs hatching in the incubator, so I had to get creative to keep them going. Luckily I had a broody hen but one of the call eggs was gonna be hatching. That was an experience. Poor thing had to stay in the incubator that whole time because I couldn’t keep her warm any other way. She got out with me every once in a while but I just felt terrible.
Sounds like a rough rough time! Glad you and yours made it through ok!

My coops aren't what I'd call pretty either 😂. That's ok...I love them anyhow!

Back
Top Bottom