What did you do with your flock today?

Yikes! That is a pretty intense radar over you! Don't go out and try to chase naughty chickens, it doesn't end well :D Sounds like a great day to stay indoors, catch up on some sewing, have a grilled cheese and some soup, and maybe a nap! :) I'm so glad Tally is fitting in so well!
I suppose I'm not the only one that secretly likes a nice heavy rain day (aka day off from chicken antics)(for 1 day only tho). 😄 That was this past weekend. They all sat on their roost in the run looking all somber each time I looked out the window. Seriously blaming me for all the rain. Sometimes I leave the run door open during rain and they wont go out in it anyway, but it makes them feel privileged to have the option as they poke out, grab a blade of grass and run back in. CT here and its a lovely, sunny breezy day. The leaves are all flying off the trees leaving the chooks wondering if the leaves are predatory, 😄 really low key staying under cover on windy days. Girls hate gettin' their feathers ruffled 🐓❤️

Wish we could get some rain. It's in a forecast a week out for 91% and drops daily some and by the when the original rain day comes it's like a maybe 10% chance of a sprinkle and we don't get that. No good soaking rain in weeks.
Yeah, I would love some soaking type rains...the downpour we got was 0.8" within 15 minutes. Not a lot stuck around! :(

Now that the eversohandsome Beetle is home, Spider's ferals have decided to move in ♡
20231023_090016~2.jpg

Beetle is thrilled to be his own man, running his own crew ♡ with a few additions.
20231023_095222.jpg

He has already gotten into one scuffle at the fence with a young feral. Girls are calm and happy, I am thrilled to have most of my Buffs, and a Peaches, home with a boy 🧡🧡🧡

Now that the eversohandsome Beetle is home, Spider's ferals have decided to move in ♡ View attachment 3666624
Beetle is thrilled to be his own man, running his own crew ♡ with a few additions.View attachment 3666625
He has already gotten into one scuffle at the fence with a young feral. Girls are calm and happy, I am thrilled to have most of my Buffs, and a Peaches, home with a boy 🧡🧡🧡
They look so beautiful and happy ❤️❤️❤️

Today I gave the birds leftover corn on the cob. Some of my current flock has never seen corn on the cob before. One of them was terrified of it. The rest of them wanted me to pick the kernels off for them. Spoiled birds.
:lau

Was it dried corn or fresh? I have given fresh cob and they love it. Was going to grab some dried cobs before it was harvested but didn’t know if it was ok for chooks to eat ❤️

Back
Top Bottom