What did you do with your flock today?

Ok help me out. Why don’t I get all the notifications for this thread? I assumed no one was posting and came today to say hello and there’s a ton of new posts I hadn’t seen! Is there a way to get notified?

Also we are under freeze warning tonight. Mid to low 30s expected. Not too common here. Tell me my chickens will be fine please 😂
What ever you get we will get just a little worse up here in the bottom of Alabama.

I'm getting out the flannel lined jeans tonight because in the morning I'll be breaking ice so the kids can drink in the morning. Glad I got a lot of corn in stock for another night or two. It's been windy and even with wind breaks I still worry about them being warm enough.
What’s the corn for? Shoot should I have been better prepared for this cold? They’re very protected from the wind in the coop. I’ve been more worried about my 3 week old chicks in the garage I wasn’t really thinking too hard about the big girls outside.

Ok help me out. Why don’t I get all the notifications for this thread? I assumed no one was posting and came today to say hello and there’s a ton of new posts I hadn’t seen! Is there a way to get notified?

Also we are under freeze warning tonight. Mid to low 30s expected. Not too common here. Tell me my chickens will be fine please 😂
Notifications don't always work for me.

I use the top left side menu on my phone, first click on the arrow to the right of forums, then click on watched threads. No more emails!
Screenshot_20231128-210619-507.png

About the cold, it's supposed to get down to 19° here tonight, very cold for us. As long as the chickens are sheltered from wet and wind they should be fine, so I've been told, they're warm under those feathers, and can sit on their feet.

In a few minutes I am going to walk out to the coop and make sure everyone is on the roost together. Sometimes one of the Dominiques doesn't get a spot.
IMG_20231126_183040735~2.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the corn for? Shoot should I have been better prepared for this cold? They’re very protected from the wind in the coop. I’ve been more worried about my 3 week old chicks in the garage I wasn’t really thinking too hard about the big girls outside.
Corn is high energy generating body heat when fed. Not good for a summer time treat at all. Hopefully your three week old chicks are feathered out some and that will help. Hope you have an electric space heater for the garage.

Notifications don't always work for me.

I use the top left side menu on my phone, first click on the arrow to the right of forums, then click on watched threads. No more emails!
View attachment 3693566

About the cold, it's supposed to get down to 19° here tonight, very cold for us. As long as the chickens are sheltered from wet and wind they should be fine, so I've been told, they're warm under those feathers, and can sit on their feet.

In a few minutes I am going to walk out to the coop and make sure everyone is on the roost together. Sometimes one of the Dominiques doesn't get a spot.
View attachment 3693573
But I'm not smart enough to use a smart phone. But once upon a time I could program computers.

About this time of year I start thinking more seriously about getting some of those automatic doors for the coops so I can wait until is warms up some mornings but then I'd just worry about my kids and would pace wondering if they are alright. I think it is best that I go out bundled up like an arctic explorer and make sure they are ok.

About this time of year I start thinking more seriously about getting some of those automatic doors for the coops so I can wait until is warms up some mornings but then I'd just worry about my kids and would pace wondering if they are alright. I think it is best that I go out bundled up like an arctic explorer and make sure they are ok.
Just as long as others are aware that you're outside. I would hate for you to fall and not have anyone there to help.

Back
Top Bottom