What did you do with your flock today?

Mine got a taste of cracked corn to spoil them a little more. Temp was in the low 80's and that is to hot for more than a taste. We normally only give cracked corn when the temps are in the low 40's and lower and then not to much. We also use about 3 slices of sandwich bread divided between 15 or so roosters underfoot begging like they haven't been fed in a month. They usually meet us in the morning and come begging as the sun starts to lower. They have us trained well.
Everytime I open the garage, my roosters come running because I tend to toss them their food while I grind more of it....

... I now toss them their food because I feel guilty otherwise.

It's amazing how well I've been trained. Lol

A lady reached out wanting call ducks for her kids 4h project, so I added nest boxes for the ducks today...my calls don't lay without a nestbox. I wasn't going to hatch any duck eggs this year but it's for kiddos. I offered her half price because it's for her kids but let her know I don't know if I can have ducklings for her by the May deadline. She asked what other birds I have so I sent her flock pictures. Now it sounds like she wants some of every breed of chicken I have 😂. Not sure I can accommodate her, but told her to give me a count for each and we'll see what I can do.

I have all my colors of oegb sharing a coop right now, so I'll have to separate them into breeding flocks and wait 30 days with those. I only have one breeding coop empty right now, but I have the materials to put together one more 4x6 breeding pen...it won't have a coop attached anytime soon, but I have enough metal panels and plywood to roof it. Do I want to build another breeding pen though? 🤔 I'm not used to anyone asking for every breed I have...but half price was my idea sooo.... I guess I'll see how it goes. Peafowl season is approaching too. I only plan on hatching from one pair this year and that girl tends to start laying late. Maybe there's time to breed oegb for her too.

I candled the geese eggs and they're fertilized. So Goosebumps and Rowan may not be best friends yet, but they're working on it ♥️♥️♥️. A friend is going to come pick up the rest of the eggs to hatch for herself. If she lays more, I'll just leave the eggs be and see if Goosebumps enjoys being a mom.

Literally yes. ...at least according to the science. Cats don't differentiate species, so she was trying to make sure you knew how to hunt.

Because that fact that we (as humans) fill up the food bowl everyday doesn't compute in kitty brain to "we already know".

Also means your kitty thought of you as her family, and wanted to ensure you could survive. ❤️
One of my previous kitties used to leave gifts in our bed. He'd leave various coins in my side and small rodents for my Ex - he obviously thought my Ex was malnourished 🤣
My mom's cat has an alarming tendency to bring home other people's pets. Over the years he's smuggled in live rabbits, guinea pigs, a canary, budgies and on one notable occasion, two young chinchillas! They are usually unharmed, fortunately. My mom is always mortified with embarrassment when she either takes them home or has to do a 'found' post on FB :lau

One of my previous kitties used to leave gifts in our bed. He'd leave various coins in my side and small rodents for my Ex - he obviously thought my Ex was malnourished 🤣
My mom's cat has an alarming tendency to bring home other people's pets. Over the years he's smuggled in live rabbits, guinea pigs, a canary, budgies and on one notable occasion, two young chinchillas! They are usually unharmed, fortunately. My mom is always mortified with embarrassment when she either takes them home or has to do a 'found' post on FB :lau
I want a kitty that brings home coins and tucks then next to me 😂!

Looks like they're all loving those! Does Spud get strawberries? FIL's tortoise will hit warp speed to get to those!
Spud firmly believes all things red must be tasted! Hubby has a pair of shoes with red shoe laces and Spud chases after him everytime he sees those laces. If hubby stands still long enough for Spud to catch him the shoe laces get a chomp or two. We also got Spud a red ball we toss out there sometimes. Spud trys to take a bite and the ball rolls away.... Spud follows and tries again 😂. It's a wonderful way to distract Spud when you're trying to work. Otherwise he gets underfoot trying to see what you're up to. His underfoot can be a bit destructive 😬😂.

I want a kitty that brings home coins and tucks then next to me 😂!
I once had a cat named Pirate that stole 20 dollars of my rent money... So he could hide under my roommate's bed and chew on it.

The roommate was like "Pirate brought me 20 bucks!"

... Luckily the roommate gave it back, and it was only slightly covered in cat spit...

Back
Top Bottom