What did you do with your flock today?

I bought a fresh bale of straw today so I tossed some of the last flakes from the old bale in the run.
IMG_20240315_150012818_HDR~2.jpg

The girls had been kicking it out of the nesting boxes, so they needed replenishing, too.
IMG_20240315_150034105~2.jpg

All I have to do is start to uncover the bale I store in the run and the chickens get excited, they LOVE straw!

Neighbors brought me some old vegetables so I split them out between the coops. I remembered I had my phone with me in the pea pen so took some pictures. I wish the boy Barista would come down and join us but he's still a shy boy. He stays as far away from me as he can so I just couldn't get him in the picture...he's somewhere above or behind me.View attachment 3772235View attachment 3772236View attachment 3772237
Just stunning 😍 🩷💕 good looking snacks too!!
Almost forgot I was going to share a picture of my youngest playing with the kittens. I walked past this is what I saw:View attachment 3772241
Every now and then Tami would giggle. When I asked what she was doing she said "kitttttiiiiies..." They were all under the blanket together 🤣😻
Looks like a big blue comfortable ghost or people fort 😄
Baskets of babies 😍

This little one just kills me. It’s SO teeny tiny 🥰 Itty bitty mottled d’Anver ❤️
View attachment 3772354
Beeebies! And here I was thinking you were a rock for passing on the chick bins 😂 my goodness, that little is no bigger than a mouse.

I bought a fresh bale of straw today so I tossed some of the last flakes from the old bale in the run.
View attachment 3772886
The girls had been kicking it out of the nesting boxes, so they needed replenishing, too.
View attachment 3772888
All I have to do is start to uncover the bale I store in the run and the chickens get excited, they LOVE straw!
Looking terrific!!!!
I turned over the woodchips in the day run with my pitchfork. The chips, the poop, and all the uneaten veggies are turning into some really nice, black compost!
Good for you!!!! Sounds totally plant delicious 🌱
I managed to pick up a few just to hold and talk to. I just having a hard day with arthritis with this stormy weather coming in so I didn't get to do all I wanted to with the kids.
Sorry about your sore bones. That bites. Sometimes, ya just gotta sit down with some tea and a good movie or book and wait it out. There is always tomorrow... or the day after that.

Looking terrific!!!!

Good for you!!!! Sounds totally plant delicious 🌱

Sorry about your sore bones. That bites. Sometimes, ya just gotta sit down with some tea and a good movie or book and wait it out. There is always tomorrow... or the day after that.
What my wife and I would really like to have is a walk-in tub with the air and water jets like a sauna.... A couple of hours in that and the chickens may not know who I am the next morning at feeding time.

Baskets of babies 😍

This little one just kills me. It’s SO teeny tiny 🥰 Itty bitty mottled d’Anver ❤️
View attachment 3772354
You have got to be the worst human in the entire world ;):lau I swear all this adorable - ness will be the death of me :th
Just look at those teeny tiny wings and big button eyes.
I just can't cope with so much cuteness in one post! 😍🥰😍🥰

I managed to pick up a few just to hold and talk to. I just having a hard day with arthritis with this stormy weather coming in so I didn't get to do all I wanted to with the kids.
I really can empathise. It's just taken me nearly 3 hours to clean out 5 chickens, spread over 2 coops because of all my musculoskeletal issues. Since it's a fine, sunny morning I decided to water the run with bio-oocyst and set off a smoke bomb in Gladys' and Stan's coop, which has obviously taken extra time. I also kept having to break up fights between Ferdy and Babybird, my tame European black bird. At least we don't have a storm on the horizon - for once! Hope yours isn't too bad and that your arthritis eases up :hugs

View attachment 3772886
View attachment 3772888
My girls are absolute buggers for flinging fresh straw out of the coops onto the sandy floor of the run. It drives me nuts when I can't sweep it off the sand and I don't have space in the garden to spread any so I put a bale down for them in my bush fruit cage at the allotment- you'd think all their birthdays and Christmas had come at once!
Your girls are so pretty btw 😍

Back
Top Bottom