What do you think of this? Is it bull puckey or not?

I see one or two nice birds but I don't care for some of the others. keep in mind they might have gotten eggs from hatrick but not all will be top quality show birds. If he is selling hens for 10 they are a pretty good deal. just check the feet and get nice tight wings and dark combs.
38899_100_0686.jpg

The only place to get HatTrick Silkies is from HatTrick Silkies.
Even if the seller here bought HatTrick Silkies to begin with once s/he started making the mating decisions they stopped being HatTricks. That said, The birds pictures are so far from looking like HatTrick birds I expect the seller's just name dropping. They look like $10 [or less] Silkies to me.

I would try and find a breeder nearby. Don't know what you'll get unless you see the bird in person. But $10 for those birds isn't bad in my opinion. But if you are looking for really good birds, they will cost a lot more. My birds cost $15 each at 3 weeks old and those are $10 each and look much older. But I don't know what you are looking for? Good quality, pets? Good luck
big_smile.png

As was said, if you want Hattrick birds, purchase directly from them. It is possible the birds have Hattrick in their ancestry, and they are definitely better quality than typical hatchery stock, but none of that makes them Hattrick, as the seller would know if he/she were knowledgeable. At $10 each, some of the birds are a great deal, but as was said, it really depends on what your intentions are.

I'm looking for breeding/show quality birds. I just saw that ad and figured I would ask wether or not they look like decent Silkies.

I like the one on the right close to the fence in front of the boot. I thought silkie nationals was going to be in CA this year. THAT would be the place to get some good birds.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom