Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

This is Waves, she is a sapphire splash. She is the sweetest girl. Runs up for pets and treats. She's my son's chicken.
PHS_0182.jpg

Entry #1
Say hi to Luna a.k.a(mama lulu)
Latest first time mom to four and doing a great job
She's my second boss hen after charming that is
Super friendly, doesn't flaunt her position on the pecking order

She always brings her chicks to me when ever they start getting sus attention from the rest of her flock mate's
IMG_20230214_105942_034.jpg

This is Chooks
7bigvw.jpg

I hatched him last year from my blue project pen. I really liked his color but I hatched quite a few from that pen so wasn't sure I'd need to use him in the future or not.
With that I turned him loose in the yard with several others. He was interesting from the start. Unlike all the others he didn't spend any time anywhere near the barn. He didn't even move down to the pig pens like some of the others. He went beyond everyone down to the corner of the yard and spent all his time pretty much by his lonesome in his own little land.
He's since grown up and has some interaction with some of the others. Ok probably not really but he tries. I've seen him find bugs and do the good rooster call to the females to come and see what he has for them. I don't think he's had any takes. They all just look at him like he's some kind of foreigner and go on their way.

This is Shabby
20221212_100019.jpg

She's a very young Blue Mottled pullet I hatched.
Ya she's on my shoulder. Only bird I've ever had that constantly wants to be as close as possible to me at all times. When she's not trying to get on me she follows me around making a constant racket trying to get attention.
Hopefully some day she's mature and quit with the being a pest act so she can contribute to continuing my Blue Mottled project. We'll see

Big Floppy
20220910_182059.jpg
Big Floppy is a Blue Gold/Silver Duckwing. He's was young and rough looking here but matured into a rock star and a very important bird for a couple of my blue projects
He's gold and silver so I used him in a couple projects simultaneously. His comb was huge and flopped. That's a fault in male Leghorns but some of my pullets were lacking in comb size and flop so my hope was he'd improve the future females.
One of my all time favorite roosters for sure.

I so much love roosters
Big Floppy
View attachment 3407787Big Floppy is a Blue Gold/Silver Duckwing. He's was young and rough looking here but matured into a rock star and a very important bird for a couple of my blue projects
He's gold and silver so I used him in a couple projects simultaneously. His comb was huge and flopped. That's a fault in male Leghorns but some of my pullets were lacking in comb size and flop so my hope was he'd improve the future females.
One of my all time favorite roosters for sure.

Jacin
20220520_122414.jpg

Jacin is a Blue Gold Duckwing hen I hatched here. We're only allowed one pic and this one doesn't do her justice. But her pattern is very striking, especially the hackles area.
She was really important to my BGD project last year since she had a really nice comb and a nice pattern. I did produce a few pullets from her to use this year so she's move on to be used in a new project pattern.
One of the prettiest hens I've had.

This is Oregon. I can never get a full body shot of him because he drops everything and comes running. He wanted so bad to be a shoulder sitter and we've had to work hard to convince him he's too big for that. It took two years of ducking and dodging, but he's finally quit trying ands settled on just following us around. He's three now. He grew up with lots of fellow peafowl but was an early hatch and knew he was a person by the time his clutch mates hatched. Our kids like to take just him out and go bug hunting with him. Personality wise he's just amazing.
20220721_191514.jpg

He's so hard to get pictures of because this is what always happens when I try.
20221002_090606(0).jpg
20221002_090555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom