8 week old Blue Breasted Brown Leghorn Pullet?

boy, cone right back,
wait-what-huh.gif

I reckon just to update, he is indeed a little roo. I tried to integrate my young ones in with the older flock last week and he instantly took to fighting with one of my 2.5 year old roosters. I rehomed him, and while in was in the transport box I heard him crow for the first time 😖 No white eggs for me this year.

TL;DR - It's a boy

I reckon just to update, he is indeed a little roo. I tried to integrate my young ones in with the older flock last week and he instantly took to fighting with one of my 2.5 year old roosters. I rehomed him, and while in was in the transport box I heard him crow for the first time 😖 No white eggs for me this year.

TL;DR - It's a boy
That's a bummer. Hope you get some next year.

Hello everyone! Long time creeper, first time poster here 😊 I went yesterday and purchased 7 new additions to the family. They're all "supposed" to be 8 week old pullets, but my blue breasted brown leghorn has me a little nervous. She has small legs, and her mannerisms are that of a pullet, but her comb (although more peach than red) is very large compared to the other pullets. I already have 2 adult roosters that I love, and with a flock of 23 hens, I won't be able to support another roo, so I'm hoping and praying that maybe the comb doesn't mean anything. There's not a lot of info online about blue breasted brown leghorns, but I figured if there were any help to be found, it'd be here 😊 Thank y'all in advance for any help y'all can offer!

View attachment 3560572View attachment 3560573View attachment 3560576
I have these. I think that's easy to pull it. The rooster will have red in their back. Ben's develop a large floppy comb pretty young. They do act like typical leghorns. These are bread from the brown Leghorn and the blue Andalusian. I get that it's hard to determine when you don't have both sexes to compare. I believe it is a pull it

Hello everyone! Long time creeper, first time poster here 😊 I went yesterday and purchased 7 new additions to the family. They're all "supposed" to be 8 week old pullets, but my blue breasted brown leghorn has me a little nervous. She has small legs, and her mannerisms are that of a pullet, but her comb (although more peach than red) is very large compared to the other pullets. I already have 2 adult roosters that I love, and with a flock of 23 hens, I won't be able to support another roo, so I'm hoping and praying that maybe the comb doesn't mean anything. There's not a lot of info online about blue breasted brown leghorns, but I figured if there were any help to be found, it'd be here 😊 Thank y'all in advance for any help y'all can offer!

View attachment 3560572View attachment 3560573View attachment 3560576
All my leghorn pullets have huge combs and as adults they are so large they flop to one side covering an eye, like a 1950s hairdo! So don't give up yet!

Back
Top Bottom