African gander x white embden female

Yes i know how the beak goes haha but what im expecting is goslings that look black/green when young and when they grow up i think they might be brown with orange beaks or spotted beak with a black beam on the tip of the beak (eg. Steinbacher)

Update : I did take the Africans and yes they did cross. U can see pictures on the other forum " pictures of geese ". I am having trouble uploading pictures here. There are 3 mixed birds. One dilute grey-ish white female , one white and brown patches female, and one big gander with orange bill and orange knob on his head. Both females have tufts and blue eyes. The gander has brown eyes like the Africans.

Last edited:

will try to get a picture of the last remaining cross that I have... (Gander)
light color beaks.. Had a pure white male once with only a dark stripe down the back of his neck. The group of embdens that I got were way aggressive and the Africans are so sweet and docile. Embdens were killing other goslings and taking over the flock and all the females. Easy choice to butcher them out. This last mix Gander was just a tiny gosling at that time and well not offing a baby..... And he has kept to himself not to be a problem to let him still be here with us.

When the embdens have bred with the Talouses, I got a white with big black spots/sploches like a Dalmatian. lol

I can always tell my African crosses as the back of the neck stripe is always present. When the Africans breed with a Talouse it's all Talouse with a heavy dark stripe down the back of the neck. Nice sturdy goose The Talouse's don't bother anyone, but they are more fierce when it comes to eggs , babies and mates. My Africans have always been so sweet when it comes to eggs and babies.. never try to hurt you , just barely protest to you..

Angle Wing is 10 years old this year. He was in my first order of Africans..

Last edited:
Thank you JLfarm :) have really enjoy'd the geese dynamics. (family system) everyone helps .. the first time I caught an egg theft I was shocked that they even do that. Amazing that they tuck it under a wing and walk off with it lol.. Always very touching to see an early gosling leave the nest and the gander walking around with them until the gosling goes back to the nest with it's mom. Or how all the other geese go after the straggling wondering gosling to teach them to stay with his group. They are such a touching family group.. When the adults take them out when they old enough for flying lessons.. have them all sit down and wait for the right wind gust to happen then the adult gets up to spread wings and charge for all the little ones to following running as fast as they can with wings out, doing the same. lol lol .. I was happy to get rid of the more aggressive embdens, they really were so harmful to the rest of the flock and deadly to the other goslings. I will be getting rid of the grey geese too as they are not bad but still a threat to the well being of my Africans, especially the elderly ones like Angle Wing still doing his job... .

Back
Top Bottom