Any artists out there?

The jewelry is neat but this stained glass piece is awesome!
I want to learn how to do it one day soon.
I have a few pieces around the house my dad made when I was young.
Thank you :> stained glass isn't hard, it's mostly getting a feel for the "rules" and then you're set. I took a class 8 years ago with my husband and then spent 8 years wanting to keep doing it independently. I wish I had not waited so long, because I'm loving making my own patterns and picking my own glass and stuff. The only caveat is the mess. The mess isn't just a chore it's dangerous stuff and keeping it contained so my pets aren't endangered has been the biggest challenge. I have thus far done all my scoring and grozing in the front yard off the path on concrete I can sweep because it makes the most critically dangerous glass bits, the sharpest meanest chippies that can do the worst to an unsuspecting foot. But it's not practical to grind outdoors and containing grind chips has been the most impossible.. I moved things from the room next door to the main studio room and doubled my art studio space to do glass which has a door I can close so my aussie can't get in. But dammit all *I* still end up with a tiny tiny glass chip in my foot sometimes up there.

Some progress
20240428_181641.jpg

So this isn't my art, but considering how many dragon nuts are in this thread (myself included obvs), I thought I'd share.

This is Coppervein. The Artist is Ruth Thompson, and she's one of my very favorite artists. I've had it in a box for a couple of months while I decided where I wanted to hang it as it's pretty big and my wall options were limited. Finally got it up Monday when I hung my other new print.

20240430_215336.jpg

No wisecracks about the dust. I keep telling you all my office/studio is a wizard's tower. I'm not lying.

Back
Top Bottom