are these cockerels?

Shelly0723

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2023
I am looking at these and can't help think they are males. The coloring is lighter.

Attachments

• baby chicks.jpg
    baby chicks.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 61
I am looking at these and can't help think they are males. The coloring is lighter.
Where did you get them, and what are they supposed to be?

A few kinds of chicks are color-sexable at hatch, but the sexing only works if you know what kind they are supposed to be (example: males of Red Sexlinks are the same color as both males and females of White Leghorns or White Rocks, at least when they are all young chicks.)

Where did you get them, and what are they supposed to be?

A few kinds of chicks are color-sexable at hatch, but the sexing only works if you know what kind they are supposed to be (example: males of Red Sexlinks are the same color as both males and females of White Leghorns or White Rocks, at least when they are all young chicks.)
I hatched them in an incubator from my hens eggs. I have 4 black Australorps, 1 white orpington and 3 buff orpington/wyandotte mix, the roo is a buff orpington/wyandotte mix as well.

I hatched them in an incubator from my hens eggs. I have 4 black Australorps, 1 white orpington and 3 buff orpington/wyandotte mix, the roo is a buff orpington/wyandotte mix as well.
For the ones that are any shade of black or gray, the color is not going to tell if they are males or females.

What color are the buff orpington/wyandotte mix hens and rooster? You might, or might not, have a set of birds that produce one kind of sexlink chicks (sexlinks being sexable by color, any others not.)

For the ones that are any shade of black or gray, the color is not going to tell if they are males or females.

What color are the buff orpington/wyandotte mix hens and rooster? You might, or might not, have a set of birds that produce one kind of sexlink chicks (sexlinks being sexable by color, any others not.)
They are red. I tried doing the feather sexing and based on that, it seems that I might have 4 pullets and 3 cockerels. Will update the post once it's definitive what they are.

Back
Top Bottom