Bantams but Cochins? Coat type?

TrooperLu

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2023
Picked up these two little bantam babies today, I was thinking Cochin. They have feathered feet, feathers to the middle digit with yellow skin. The tag said Mille fleur for coat type, although I have Mille fleur duccles and Mille fleur booted bantams, and by definition of Mille fleur, this coat does not match. Mille fleur is a brown to tan color feather thats end is black with a white tip. Let me know if you agree on my guessed breed or not and what your opinion on the coat type is!

Attachments

• 20240501_130221.jpg
    20240501_130221.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240501_165806.jpg
    20240501_165806.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 15
Where did you get them? They look like poor calicos
They are still very much chicks, peeping away currently. I wouldnt say something is poor quality until theyre fully finished out and out of the "ugly" chick phase. To boot i wouldnt have told someone their bird is poor quality to begin with, a tad rude. :jumpy👍

Last edited:
They are still very much chicks, peeping away currently. I wouldnt say something is poor quality until theyre fully fledged and out of the "ugly" chick phase. To boot i wouldnt have told someone their bird is poor quality to begin with, a tad rude. :jumpy👍
You asked what color they looked like.

If they're for breeding, then it's good to know and watch for, if they're for pets, it likely doesn't matter.

You asked what color they looked like.

If they're for breeding, then it's good to know and watch for, if they're for pets, it likely doesn't matte.
Yes im well aware of what i typed in my original post. Me wanting to know, my curiosity is what matters regardless of what i choose to do with them. I didnt ask for the misplaced opinion on the quality of my birds based off a picture. Again these birds that are still just babies whose plumage has yet to fully come in and will most likely change even more after their first molt. I do not wish to continue this back and forth with you. Have a great day!✌

Back
Top Bottom