Blue Jays Eating Eggs

Eggs? Watch if you have chicks, I have a past post where I told of watching a Blue Jay kill a nest full of baby birds and they will eat them along with mice and other types of meat. In spite of how "beautiful" they may be they are ruthless raucous bird.

Eggs? Watch if you have chicks, I have a past post where I told of watching a Blue Jay kill a nest full of baby birds and they will eat them along with mice and other types of meat. In spite of how "beautiful" they may be they are ruthless raucous bird.
I have blue jays that eat in the evening just after my chickens, followed by cardinals and other birds I can't recognize. The blue jays here seem well behaved and they'll co-exist peacefully inches from chicks and mother hens

If chicks have mothers they'll never be threatened by any bird

I have blue jays that eat in the evening just after my chickens, followed by cardinals and other birds I can't recognize. The blue jays here seem well behaved and they'll co-exist peacefully inches from chicks and mother hens

If chicks have mothers they'll never be threatened by any bird
Possibly the Jays instinctually know they'll get a beating from Big Bird if they mess with little bird. Then to, a full belly makes it less likely to take an unnecessary chance. Who or can know the mind of nature? That is what makes Nature so interesting, just when you think you know, Mom Nature throws us a curve ball, you stand there and go huh, gotta love it. :D

Back
Top Bottom