Blue X Black Swedish cross?

proudduckowner22

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
Hey y’all, was wondering what colour would the offspring be of a black X blue Swedish cross? Since breeding two blue Swedish results in either black, blue, or splash ducklings, and breeding a black and splash ducks would make blue ducklings, what would the blue x black Swedish cross ducklings colours be? Thanks

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be!) you should get blue and black ducklings. The blue alters the black gene. So, the duck in question has one blue gene and one black gene. The black has two black genes, theoretically (Black being a dominant, it can hide other colours that are recessive). So, you should be getting about 75% black and 25% blue. If my math is right.

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be!) you should get blue and black ducklings. The blue alters the black gene. So, the duck in question has one blue gene and one black gene. The black has two black genes, theoretically (Black being a dominant, it can hide other colours that are recessive). So, you should be getting about 75% black and 25% blue. If my math is right.
Thank you for the info!!

Hey y’all, was wondering what colour would the offspring be of a black X blue Swedish cross? Since breeding two blue Swedish results in either black, blue, or splash ducklings, and breeding a black and splash ducks would make blue ducklings, what would the blue x black Swedish cross ducklings colours be? Thanks
Blue x black should produce blue offspring and black offspring, in approximately equal numbers.

Back
Top Bottom