Cayuga mixes pictures?

azure_

Songster
Jul 23, 2020
Western Massachusetts
So next spring I plan on getting 10 ducks, one of which will be a Cayuga drake. The females I will be getting are:
1 Welsh Harlequin
2 Khaki Campbell
2 Cayuga
1 Buff
1 Blue runner
1 Chocolate Runner
1 Black runner
So I already know what the Cayuga female to Cayuga drake would be, Cayuga clearly. And I'm pretty sure of the Khaki Campbell Cayuga cross, because I've seen them on the YouTube channel Gold Shaw Farm. But any pictures of any of the female breeds listed above crossed with a Cayuga would be extremely helpful:)

1 Welsh Harlequin: black with white bib
2 Khaki Campbell: black
2 Cayuga: black
1 Buff: black or blue
1 Blue runner: black or blue
1 Chocolate Runner: black
1 Black runner: black

Note that with the khaki, buff, and chocolate ducks, you won't get any of the brown in the offspring, but you would if the sexes were the other way around (e.g. khaki drake, cayuga duck).

1 Welsh Harlequin: black with white bib
2 Khaki Campbell: black
2 Cayuga: black
1 Buff: black or blue
1 Blue runner: black or blue
1 Chocolate Runner: black
1 Black runner: black

Note that with the khaki, buff, and chocolate ducks, you won't get any of the brown in the offspring, but you would if the sexes were the other way around (e.g. khaki drake, cayuga duck).
I know this thread is kinda old but I’m hatching 4 duck eggs right now, 2 are pure Cayuga. The only drake is a Cayuga. The other 2 could be From Cayuga, Welsh Harlequin or Khaki Campbell. Will there be any way to tell the difference between the Cayugas and the Cayuga/Khakis?

Also if a duck is 1/2 Cayuga could they still lay black/grey eggs at the start of the season?

So next spring I plan on getting 10 ducks, one of which will be a Cayuga drake. The females I will be getting are:
1 Welsh Harlequin
2 Khaki Campbell
2 Cayuga
1 Buff
1 Blue runner
1 Chocolate Runner
1 Black runner
So I already know what the Cayuga female to Cayuga drake would be, Cayuga clearly. And I'm pretty sure of the Khaki Campbell Cayuga cross, because I've seen them on the YouTube channel Gold Shaw Farm. But any pictures of any of the female breeds listed above crossed with a Cayuga would be extremely helpful:)
Cayuga X Blue Runner will be 50% blue 50% black, Cayuga X Chocolate will be all black, Cayuga X anything black will be all black, Cayuga X Buff will be all or mostly black. First generation crosses will look mostly like blue and black Cayugas, maybe with some other color leakage. Second gens will be much more colorful and interesting. You could get some bibs here and there, too.

Love what you're doing here! Cross flocks are awesome. Best of luck.

Cayuga X Blue Runner will be 50% blue 50% black, Cayuga X Chocolate will be all black, Cayuga X anything black will be all black, Cayuga X Buff will be all or mostly black. First generation crosses will look mostly like blue and black Cayugas, maybe with some other color leakage. Second gens will be much more colorful and interesting. You could get some bibs here and there, too.

Thank you! This is very helpful info.
I plan on separating the 2 I know will be full Cayuga at hatch but just curious what I might get from the other 2.

I know this thread is kinda old but I’m hatching 4 duck eggs right now, 2 are pure Cayuga. The only drake is a Cayuga. The other 2 could be From Cayuga, Welsh Harlequin or Khaki Campbell. Will there be any way to tell the difference between the Cayugas and the Cayuga/Khakis?

Also if a duck is 1/2 Cayuga could they still lay black/grey eggs at the start of the season?
Maybe when they're older, but when they hatch they'll likely just be all black. I'm not sure about the eggs. I had a flock of ducks I bred from a Cayuga drake and a Blue Swedish hen, they all laid white/white with a greyish bloom over the next three generations. Anything is possible, I guess.

They'll probably have a bit of color leakage when they're fullgrown.

Did you have any issues with the Cayuga drake mating with the Welsh Harlequins? My flock is all WH (plus one Rouen), but I have the opportunity to adopt three Cayuga (two females and a male). Just wondering about size difference. I currently have all females, so the Cayuga would be the only drake.

Did you have any issues with the Cayuga drake mating with the Welsh Harlequins? My flock is all WH (plus one Rouen), but I have the opportunity to adopt three Cayuga (two females and a male). Just wondering about size difference. I currently have all females, so the Cayuga would be the only drake.
I've never bred the two, but they'll probably be fine. More depends on how rough the drake is.

Back
Top Bottom