Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

I've been without my chicken family for so many years! I actually am allowed to have 3 chickens here in a Sacramento residential area, but don't have a big enough back yard for flower and vegetable gardens and an enclosed chicken yard. Am close to the Sacramento river, so lots of things that would eat chickens - like hawks and even the feral cats. My three little dogs have never seen a chicken - but I would not trust them.
Thanks for stopping by! There’s still plenty of fun here even without chickens

Hi! My life exploded and my chickens are my “safe place” and therapy. My big boy, hei-hei, who has always been my sweetheart, decided that I may be hurting one of his hens, Rachel, and came at me for the first time ever. Kind of scary and I got a little (a lot!) bruised in a few places but he seems good again now. My dumped rooster, Bumble, is still angry and not too sweet. My favorite rooster, Limu, ripped a spur off and I thought he was going to bleed to death but I bandaged him up and put him in a big dog cage in his run with his friends and he seems fine now too. Yay! The girls are laying well and everyone else, chicken-wise is great! our 2 kittens are now beautiful. They just turned 7 months on April 1. All the lizards are also good and growing. The pups just turned 2 and our older ladies are doing well. :) Thanks for checking in! I hope everyone else is doing well!!! :)
Cute pics! You have quite the menagerie!

Hello, I still don't have chickens, but am looking for a house in an area with at least an acre, that allows chickens, in Harford County, MD. I've been looking for over a year. Even in areas that allow chickens, I've had several houses that had restrictive covenants that outlaw them, even when it's a farming community and there are private residences across the street that have them. Covenants run with the land and can vary by plat.
Good luck with your search! Maybe stop by your state thread for advice???

Hi All. Actually, trying to get a rooster and our hens to cooperate in making new chicks, but the hens won't sit on the eggs. Any ideas?

After some effort we seem to have finally found a predator proof system and haven't lost a hen in months! It involves a 7-foot tall run fence and a tight coop.

I have been trying desperately to keep my chicken math in check and stop all my girls (ducks, chickens, and turkey) from going broody. Our family really enjoys our mixed flock! I hope everyone is having a good start to their spring season!
Welcome back! Chicken math is a curse and a blessing haha. Its like a scale you try not to let the scale tip but when it does it goes all the way.

Back
Top Bottom