Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Thanks for checking up on us. I've just been really busy this spring - as usual. I hope to have pictures of my new pullets soon.
Thank you for posting. Yeah, this time of year can be pretty busy for a lot of people. New pullets are always fun! ๐Ÿคฉ

Thanks for the heads-up! There's nothing new going on here, but I'm getting 4 - 8 eggs a day out of 10 hens, so we've nothing to complain about.
Wow, your birds are doing great! What breeds are they? Thank you for checking in. :)

Hi! I have two new chickens, both quite young, one Light Sussex and one Bluebell hybrid. First issues is they are great at escaping, and second issue, with both of the two eggs they have layed, they don't seem to want to lay their eggs in their nesting box. Both eggs ended up broken :(. My previous flock were ex-battery and knew the drill... Any tips greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hello! Have you tried putting fake eggs in their nesting box? That sometimes helps. On their escaping, are they going over the fence or under? If over, have you wing clipped them yet? If not, you can just clip the primary flight feathers on one wing on each bird and that should stop them. (Unless they're fence climbers like I've had, lol.) Hopefully this helps. Here, feel free to post a thread of your questions in this section here: Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying

Well hello, it has been busy, here in the Morbihan in Brittany our weather has been foul (not fowl). It is still cold and we have had more than our fair share of rain to say the least. It is nearly the end of April and we are still lighting the fire and drying the washing under the first barn roof.

We have 12 hens with one attendant/protective light weight cockerel called the name of God's son (no offence meant). Said cockerel is rather ineffective in the mounting stages and inclined to fall off - which I tried to explain in my pathetic form of French this morning to the lovely lady who owns the local tailoring and knitting wool shop. I was donating 6 free range Americuna eggs to her of varying colours and explaining that they were very new and unlikely to have contents other than yolk. Although I have 12 hens they are not all active in the egg laying competition that takes place daily so on average 6 eggs a day. However they range freely so occasionally, time and weather permitting I go hunting with our lovely large malinois (followed by the ginger and white cat that someone had thrown in the canal 4 years ago). Our Post Office lady has been looking a little down lately so I took her some eggs as well. Right I must go have a surplus of bananas and oranges that I must make something with today. Best wishes to all.
Welcome back to our community! It sounds like you've been busy with your birds lately. I'm glad to hear they're laying enough to share. Hopefully it gets warmer where you are soon!

Hi, Iโ€™m a lurker around here. Started raising chicks last year. This forum has been very helpful. Lots of information, so not much need to post when you use the search function ๐Ÿ˜
I'm happy to hear that you're still around! Thanks for reaching out and letting us know. This site is definitely the go-to site on chicken information. I'm so glad you've found it so helpful.

OMG, I'm so glad to see peeps replying... and posting pics and updates!!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!

:wee
:ya

:frow
Hey havenโ€™t been on here in long time; I have 2 chickens and 3 geese. Giovanni, Gucci, Grand. And Chilli and Saffron. Added new goose pen last yr-2 of geese in it on pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpeg
    IMG_1594.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Hey havenโ€™t been on here in long time; I have 2 chickens and 3 geese. Giovanni, Gucci, Grand. And Chilli and Saffron. Added new goose pen last yr-2 of geese in it on pic.
Welcome back! Aw, your geese are pretty! I love the names you have for them. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Welcome back! Aw, your geese are pretty! I love the names you have for them. ๐Ÿฅฐ
Tu! I love them all; the geese are like feathered dogs- good โ€˜watchdogsโ€™ thatโ€™s why have 3.

Back
Top Bottom