Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Managed to get the run safe for the girls !! 3rd time we've tried to get it fully protected! Lost 3 of the 11 hens to heat last year but the remaining 8 are laying beautifully! 4 australorps, 2 black plymoth rock and 2 isa browns.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the new run!

Hello again. Our first attempt at chickens was thwarted by zoning. We had to give them away. They were last seen riding a Roomba through someone's house. I later honestly forgot that I joined this site.

Two moves later, zoning is not an issue. (There is a cow pasture across the road.) We now have 29 chickens and will probably have more by the end of the year.
View attachment 3813151
View attachment 3813146
View attachment 3813142
View attachment 3813141

View attachment 3813149
So happy you have chickens again! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your photos

Hi everyone! I still have and love all my chickens, but I branched out. I adopted a minipig in 2020, which led to another, then another, then the next thing I knew, I had 10 piggies and I'm now a 501c3 nonprofit pig rescue! We just took in another three piglets, so we are officially at 13, the number of our lord & savior, Taylor Swift. 🤣😂

My two teacup humans are doing well in school. The younger daughter is actually very helpful with the piggies.

I hope everyone is doing well! We are The Posh Pig Farm and Sanctuary, on pretty much all social media platforms, so come root around with us. :)

Big hugs to all,

Kelly, Gaston, Ginger, and all of the Posh Piggy Crew 🩷🐽🐖🐷🐷🐖🐽
Glad you are doing well thanks for the adorable piggy pics!

Hey peeps 😄 Been working in the coop learning how to save money by cooking rice and veggies mixing in leftovers and gardening to feed my chickie babies.. I made a pond oasis to hide from the coming summer heat and am laying down clover and foraging seeds instead of grass which should start popping any day now!View attachment 3812041View attachment 3812042View attachment 3812043View attachment 3812044View attachment 3812045View attachment 3812046
Wow, SUCH great pics, thanks for sharing them with us!! I especially love all of them around the rice and veggies treat wheel. LOL!

Good luck with the clover and foraging seeds, please keep us posted with details and pics along the way!

Hey all!

Like most here, life has gotten busy. I'm getting ready to move and trying to figure out the best way to move my chicks. A few weeks ago a coyote came right up to the house mid day while the girls were out and took 2 of them. One more had a good chunk out of her side and she of course hated a bandage. But she seems to be getting around well and finally healing up. Since my flock was already down from a heat wave a while back, I now have 13 new chicks and a duckling.

I hope everyone is doing well!
I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope your hen recovers quickly. Congratulations on the new littles.

Back
Top Bottom