Corid Expiration Date

Yabadabadoo

Songster
Jan 9, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Hi there! I have chicks that are showing some signs of cocci and so I am planning to treat them. (Two weeks old, one is a little hunched up, drowsy, lethargic, yellow/mucusy poop.). That said, I pulled my corid and it expired January 2022. My local feed supply is out and so I am looking to source, however…any anecdotal or experiential knowledge re using Corid after the expiration date?

I know sell by and use by dates are conservative, and regulatory driven and some things are ok to use long after they expire. That said, I don’t want to put the little ones’ bodies through ineffective treatment.

Again, I am trying to get some that is unexpired…tapping this vast and helpful knowledge base in case I can’t receive and decide that I am worried about delaying treatment.

Thank you!

Corid comes in different strength percentages. Not sure which you have. Follow instructions, and directions, and administer it NOW. There is a good chance that your expired meds will still work out well. (or at least better than none at all)
In the meantime, try to get some fresh Corid.
Waiting to when you can get some, (without using what you have now) may make it too late for your chicks. :(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

You can give them the expired Corid and order a new bottle of Corid in this link:
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30E078D9-7B6A-11D5-A192-00B0D0204AE5
While waiting for the ordered Corid to arrive (expedited shipping), IF there's no improvement, you can give the chicks buttermilk or plain milk via eyedropper orally. Either will coat and temporarily protect intestinal lining from the damage coccidiosis causes.
Dosage for the 9.6% liquid Corid is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh daily and dont add anything to the mixture. Do not give the chicks anything containing thiamine now and/or during treatment.

Corid comes in different strength percentages. Not sure which you have. Follow instructions, and directions, and administer it NOW. There is a good chance that your expired meds will still work out well. (or at least better than none at all)
In the meantime, try to get some fresh Corid.
Waiting to when you can get some, (without using what you have now) may make it too late for your chicks. :(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thank you. Ordered online for friday delivery; corid treatment started last night with old meds

Back
Top Bottom