Day 28 - No Sign of Hatching

LDR2

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2015
Edinburg, Tx
Today is day 28, I haven't heard peeping from the egg. Should I keep the egg in the incubator. I'm just worried that the chick may have died
hmm.png
. The turkeys poults and guinea keets have already hatched but they were put in a day before I put in the peafowl egg.

Today is day 28, I haven't heard peeping from the egg. Should I keep the egg in the incubator. I'm just worried that the chick may have died
hmm.png
. The turkeys poults and guinea keets have already hatched but they were put in a day before I put in the peafowl egg.
Try to candle it in a darkroom. At day 28, you should see a very tilted air cell, and some movement along the bottom edge if it is still alive. Tap that air cell with your fingernail and make some chirping noises at it. If you hear anything put in an air hole to buy it some time.

Be very careful when tapping, shaking and especially when poking a hole, at day 28 it should have pipped by now and almost anything can cause a rotten egg to explode. Candle and candle again, I did this with a emu egg many moons ago, had it to my ear as I tapped and boom like an IED it... Well I'll let you imagine what happened next, sucked for my ear to say the least,
1f61d.png

Gerald Barker

I'm pretty sure it died in the egg. I haven't seen movement or heard peeping. All my turkey and Guinea eggs have hatched.

Lol about two weeks ago I had two bad eggs explode on me. It didn't smell that bad but it was just gross and yellowy!

Hopefully in August you'll have some peachicks for sale @barkerg I'll be up there in early August and then late August to drop my sister at school.

Nevermind you win @bakerg the emu egg is quadruple the size of a chicken egg. However I would have paid to see you jump when it exploded.

I'm pretty sure it died in the egg. I haven't seen movement or heard peeping. All my turkey and Guinea eggs have hatched.

Lol about two weeks ago I had two bad eggs explode on me. It didn't smell that bad but it was just gross and yellowy!

Hopefully in August you'll have some peachicks for sale @barkerg I'll be up there in early August and then late August to drop my sister at school.

C'mon!

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Be very careful when tapping, shaking and especially when poking a hole, at day 28 it should have pipped by now and almost anything can cause a rotten egg to explode. Candle and candle again, I did this with a emu egg many moons ago, had it to my ear as I tapped and boom like an IED it... Well I'll let you imagine what happened next, sucked for my ear to say the least,
1f61d.png

Gerald Barker
Next time, you play with a IED Emu egg, please, video it...someone would pay to see that!!!! I know i would.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom