Did this egg go bad?

TDIRDAL

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
This egg still had a ton of veins but it has this dark coloring going on and I'm pretty sure it's either dead or going to die. I haven't seen movement since yesterday. All of its siblings are in the process of internally pipping and this one is doing nothing. It doesn't smell. Just scared it's gonna explode.

Attachments

• 20240501_104936.jpg
    20240501_104936.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 11
If you saw movement yesterday, it isn't close to being rotten yet and I'd leave it in there another day. Sometimes I've seen a couple of mine do that and assumed it was a thinner shell. I read somewhere geese eggs always do that, but not sure as I don't raise geese.

If you saw movement yesterday, it isn't close to being rotten yet and I'd leave it in there another day. Sometimes I've seen a couple of mine do that and assumed it was a thinner shell. I read somewhere geese eggs always do that, but not sure as I don't raise geese.
It's not pipping either. I read it could mean it's malpositioned and that is where it was trying to break the shell. Ugh. I'll keep it in the incubator though.

Back
Top Bottom