Does everyone stress ordering chicks the first time 😱

That’s basically our order from last year-almost exactly a year ago, except an Easter egger instead of austrolorp, they’re great hens! Our fifth chick is ended up being a rooster, but I’ve heard Easter eggers are harder to vent sex so hopefully you won’t have that problem.
That’s good to hear! I have it all ready for them. I’m debating on whether to let our current broody hen raise them. They said an extra will come too. Hoping it’s a hen! They said that’s what they aim to add as the extra. I’m excited to see what they add! I’ll def post pictures.

They usually ship on time, and the post office probably doesn't want them there any longer than you do with how loud they scream.😂
The people who were holding my chicks at the local office were infatuated by seeing them! Unsure how sick of hearing them peep at that point they were, lol

That’s good to hear! I have it all ready for them. I’m debating on whether to let our current broody hen raise them. They said an extra will come too. Hoping it’s a hen! They said that’s what they aim to add as the extra. I’m excited to see what they add! I’ll def post pictures.
I’m excited to see which extra you get :) they do try to give all pullets if that’s what you ordered. I ordered 3 and got 4, 3 weeks ago and I think they’re all pullets. I was suspicious of my surprise cockerel from the beginning last year and almost completely sure by 3 weeks last time.

Definitely be ready! I ordered my chicks from them and they came a day before they were supposed to hatch! They arrived within 10 hours of being shipped and were very healthy. All 6 are still doing amazing at 6 weeks old!

Definitely be ready! I ordered my chicks from them and they came a day before they were supposed to hatch! They arrived within 10 hours of being shipped and were very healthy. All 6 are still doing amazing at 6 weeks old!
Wow! Well, tomorrow is hatch day so I won’t get them early. Hoping they ship that quickly for us!!

NOT GOOD GUYS!!! Someone from OH called me (I’m in CT) bc he got MY chicks 🤦🏻‍♀️ he ordered 20 chicks and I ordered 4 😩 I don’t know what I’m gonna do now if his 20… TWENTY CHICKS show up tomorrow.

Well that would certainly be a big mix up!

I wonder if there was a pack list as well as an address label...I am not sure how he got your phone number if there wasn't.

Call the hatchery and have him call too, they'll either refund you or send 4 more out. If you get his, you can post an ad on Craigslist and find them homes or if you're up to the drive, see if the guy is willing to trade

Back
Top Bottom