Eva’s Friends

Pics
I understand the Muddy Run situation. It's been terribly rainy here, too; I can't believe we are still technically in a drought because the dogs and I are dragging mud into the house every day. My feather-footed hens don't want to stay cooped all day, and I don't want their feet to be total messes.

Poor Helen! And why on earth does your neighbor let the Muscovies run loose in the road?

The falls look amazing. I enjoy seeing the places you've visited. You have a good eye -- and admirable interest in the world around you.

I'm a day late, but here we are. I've been sewing literally all day, and so I don't even know how to start.

Bad news first...
The ganders were fighting and Matt had a feather broken. It was bleeding so I applied pressure, VetRX, and cornstarch. He has to stay in the basement too and he's not happy. Thankfully he stopped honking finally!
IMG_8003.jpeg

The good news is, Jenny has gone broody. I won't say anything more for fear of jinxing myself but she has been sitting since Monday morning on five eggs. I blocked off that part of the coop and moved the chickies into Apt. 2 with her because they don't need a nesting box.
IMG_7951.jpeg

Jen's roommates took up residence in Apt 1.

Matilda's feet are getting better.

Finally, I finished the spring semester yesterday! :woot

The gallery is created from photos of daily life this week.

Cows in the neighbor's field on a foggy morning
IMG_7947.jpeg

Chickies are getting big - eight weeks old!
IMG_7976.jpeg

Stanislaw
IMG_7992.jpeg

"Our" frog - he has been living somewhere on the pool since we moved here. Sometimes we find him inside when we go swimming.
IMG_7997.jpeg

Evadig
IMG_7814.jpeg

Trying to entertain Brianna...
IMG_7327.jpeg

Remember Lily got stuck in the basement last week? Here she is from the inside.
IMG_7739.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7996.jpeg
    IMG_7996.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 1
Poor Matt! I'm sure it's a relief that he stopped honking -- I love my geese, but I wouldn't want to listen to them indoors for too long.

Congrats on finishing up your semester!

As always, great photos -- and I like Brianna's window perch.

Back
Top Bottom