Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Hatch is officially over. Out of the 20 eggs that made it to lockdown, 18 hatched. The one I put an air hole in earlier was not positioned right and died. The other egg just hatched with a bit of assistance. Final egg I'll open up tomorrow to see what went wrong.

Total of 17 chicks, due to the cull of the one with the deformed spine.
5 ducklings.

And I get to do this all over again next week with more duck eggs! :th

Transferred the duck eggs due to hatch in a week, as well as the five Chantecler eggs into the Maticoopx. That's three rows. I *may* wait until after the ducklings hatch to fill it again.

I did put 19 more Silkie mix eggs in the MeeF. They're older eggs, so we'll see how they do. They're in with 6 (I think) duck eggs that were set a week ago.

Debating putting more duck eggs in the MeeF, stacking if necessary.

I truly am addicted to this...

Next batch of ten duck eggs are in lockdown. Thing is, I can't tell the Muscovy eggs from the Quacker eggs! Three of the already have the air cells descended, with one already shadowing. A lot of the other ones don't. So, gonna keep turning them until I see progress in those cells.

I *may* have stuffed more duck eggs in the MeeF... I still have so many though!

I also took 13 Muscovy eggs from their coop and may sell them this weekend. Probably have more before the sale.

I still haven't decided if I'm selling any of the current ducklings.

Next batch of ten duck eggs are in lockdown. Thing is, I can't tell the Muscovy eggs from the Quacker eggs! Three of the already have the air cells descended, with one already shadowing. A lot of the other ones don't. So, gonna keep turning them until I see progress in those cells.

I *may* have stuffed more duck eggs in the MeeF... I still have so many though!

I also took 13 Muscovy eggs from their coop and may sell them this weekend. Probably have more before the sale.

I still haven't decided if I'm selling any of the current ducklings.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!🤣

Back
Top Bottom