Not so easy to do here Greg, all county offices are overworked, underpaid and poorly staffed. We have california leadership (the office of the governor) to blame for that.
It's unfortunate but I understand. Just try not to have to kill a dog or any animal unless it's the last resort. My trainee and I saved a deer that was trapped in a barb wire fence yesterday. I would have called the warden but I didn't know what county we were in at the moment. It ran a short distance and laid down in the shade so we left it to relax and calm down.

Not so easy to do here Greg, all county offices are overworked, underpaid and poorly staffed. We have california leadership (the office of the governor) to blame for that.
Are you on any soical networks in your area? Or local add forums?
You could take pictures of these dogs and maybe some kind people would consider adopting them.

There are more and more independent dog rescues coming together now

Are you on any soical networks in your area? Or local add forums?
You could take pictures of these dogs and maybe some kind people would consider adopting them.

There are more and more independent dog rescues coming together now
They are owned by local neighbors. They have collars, and if I see them in my yard again, they are target practice! I poop you not!

And in turn you have cheered up countless days for me Alex šŸ’Æ percent on even my lowest points.

Alex is a shining šŸŒŸ šŸ¤©
Aero is a shining star! With poop to boot! image.jpg :gig:gig

They are owned by local neighbors. They have collars, and if I see them in my yard again, they are target practice! I poop you not!
Iā€™m not a cruel person, but I have my limits, if a neighbor doesnā€™t want to be responsible for their dogs, a lesson will be learned. I mean business!

Iā€™m not a cruel person, but I have my limits, if a neighbor doesnā€™t want to be responsible for their dogs, a lesson will be learned. I mean business!
Alex, I am right there with you. Also Poppet is now locked up again and she got very lucky. Stray lab shows up day before yesterday with a collar. Paid very close attention to it and it seemed to ignore the chickens. Yesterday Morning it came out back and got ahold of Poppet. Thankfully CeeCee was out and she tore into it. Poppet escaped but lost about half her tail feathers. I posted it on facebook trying to find it's owners but it is a short timer here. I will not tolerate it coming in my yard again chasing a chicken or not. Kentucky has a leash law dang it. Plus the laws protecting livestock which includes chickens.

Alex, I am right there with you. Also Poppet is now locked up again and she got very lucky. Stray lab shows up day before yesterday with a collar. Paid very close attention to it and it seemed to ignore the chickens. Yesterday Morning it came out back and got ahold of Poppet. Thankfully CeeCee was out and she tore into it. Poppet escaped but lost about half her tail feathers. I posted it on facebook trying to find it's owners but it is a short timer here. I will not tolerate it coming in my yard again chasing a chicken or not. Kentucky has a leash law dang it. Plus the laws protecting livestock which includes chickens.
So Iā€™m justifying my decision to remove the predatory dogs!!

Back
Top Bottom