Poor Sherlock....
20240515_174859.jpg
It's just for a few days and you'll be a better dog for it.

He's going bonkers trying to lick the incision site.

How many chickens can you find?
20240515_140547.jpg

You can use ivermectin (the kind you put on their skin - pour on) itā€™s an extremely small dose though (10mg/ml ivermectin is given at 0.01ml / kg). Just make sure if you use ivermectin to check the strength ie: 5mg/ml or 10mg/ml.

There are varying egg withdrawl periods with this, so you will need to check for your country - here in Canada itā€™s not approved for use in poultry but most people I talk to who have used it go with 2 weeks or 4 weeks. I think in Australia it is 10 days.

I used Revolution for puppies and kittens on my Polish Rooster when I first got him as he had lice, and needed worming. Itā€™s put on the skin- very easy to use.

Web site with info on ivermectin

https://bitchinchickens.com/2019/04/29/ivermectin-for-parasite-control/
thank you! I will ask for that in vets I hope they have it.

thank you! I will ask for that in vets I hope they have it.
You might ask for a small amount like 5cc.

You have bantams so they will take an extremely small amount. Something like a half a drop on the skin of the bird.

I would personally start with the Panacur in water. 3cc to a gallon of water for 5 days. Repeat in two weeks time. Make sure they donā€™t have access to any other water than the treated stuff.

I would also do a fecal test if you have a lab or veterinarian that can do this and if itā€™s not too expensive.

Thatā€™s the whole problem with having poultry, many vets wonā€™t treat them as they are classified as livestock and then there is the at times extreme expense of going to a vet.

Good luck.

I am SO bad.

I went to Peavey Mart today and they had chicks. Well I stood there and looked at them for a while, then went did my shopping and came back. I caved and bought 3 black australorps and 3 prairie bluebell eggers. I'm suffering from chicken math šŸ˜œ
Pictures please!!!!

Back
Top Bottom