Found - eggs under bush

what did I do

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Montana
We found a bunch of eggs that have been layed under the bushes. I had been looking for this to happen but couldn't find any eggs until today. We marked and left some bate eggs but collected the others. We candled and floated the eggs. The pullets have been laying about a month but I think these have only been layed in the last 2 weeks. We removed all the eggs that had even slight air-sacs. We will eat the eggs that had air-sacs. Would you sell the good eggs? There are 2dz good eggs.

I wouldn't. Any of my eggs that were sitting in the coop for a weekend stay with me and I crack them one by one to make sure they are okay. My customers only get the ones I know were collected timely and are fresh.

Last edited:
I guess you are right. I have always only sold the eggs layed in the coop and collected every day. Thanks for setting me straight.

I read to put the eggs in water if they stay submerged they are ok to eat. I know we have one EE that lays in that area but the brush is think and Gorse is abundant (Very nasty prickly bush). I put these eggs in water and they stay submerged. These eggs ould be anywhere from 8 weeks to one day. We live on the Oregon coast and the weather has been between 60 and 32 the whole time with rain 3/4 of the time. Think I should just scrap these six eggs.

Back
Top Bottom