Going out to feed/maintain/..slip on shoe recommendations?

Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..
I just have a pair of Keens which are ties so I ca slip them on. In the cooler months I have a pair or dedicated Keens boots to slip on.

I have been exploring options on this issue for some months because the slip on waterproof shoes I was using always cracked on me. Here is an example of what I was getting. You'll see dozens of this same build sold under various names and prices. They usually claim they're rubber, but they're a plastic derivative that always cracks. They used to be as low as $8 (which is why I used to get them), but now they're $30 and up. Not worth it at all:
HISEA Unisex Rain Shoes Waterproof Rubber Garden Shoes Slip-on Muck Mud Ankle Rain Boots for Women Men with Comfortable Anti-Slip Outsole Green (Shoes)1628944534039.png

Here are the 2 I finally bought that so far haven't cracked on me and seem to be holding up after a few months of use in the yard and walking the dog (up to a mile). For winter and snow, I still have my muck/rain boots from Walmart that are still holding up after years of hard use. They're the cheap black ones they always have a bunch of.

Sloggers 5301bk10 Men's Rain & Garden Shoe, Leather Black Print, Size 10
1628944462571.png

TENGTA Unisex Waterproof Garden Shoes Womens Rain Boots Mens Car Wash Footwear Army Green 11.5

Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..
The Muckmaster Boot!!

Flip-flops for me! Plain and simple, waterproof too! Probably not for you if you want a nicer type of shoes, to I'd suggest sloggers. My mom uses them.
I keep a pair of loose fitting inexpensive (Walmart) Wellington type rubber boots with a footpad in them next to the door in a shoe tray. I just slip bare or socked feet in without bending over and pop them off easily with the toe/heel method when coming in.
also good tick prevention and I am sweeping the floors way less!

Pink Birkenstock beach shoes - perfect during summer and any time before it gets too cold for bare feet (can be washed down with a hose and look cute) :wee

Flip-flops for me! Plain and simple, waterproof too! Probably not for you if you want a nicer type of shoes, to I'd suggest sloggers. My mom uses them.
Chickens peck without conscious thought and their beaks are sharp. Freckles can even look like a treat to them, so I always protect my legs when I'm around them. I read something recently about an elderly woman whose chicken pecked at a vericose vein and she bled to death before she could get help.

look up back door shoes I use mine al the time rain or shine. Town and coungtry might be bit cheaper

I got these Sloggers at Tractor Supply years ago and have been wonderful! I highly recommend!!
I did use flip flops a bit too until I slid down and busted my butt on a rainy day so those are not practical. Plus you get wet grass, feathers and dirt all over your feet. I had to wipe them down before going inside. I don’t recommend them.

Attachments

• A54257A2-7364-4D82-A7DB-19CE4ACB0387.jpeg
    A54257A2-7364-4D82-A7DB-19CE4ACB0387.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 3
I got these Sloggers at Tractor Supply years ago and have been wonderful! I highly recommend!!
I did use flip flops a bit too until I slid down and busted my butt on a rainy day so those are not practical. Plus you get wet grass, feathers and dirt all over your feet. I had to wipe them down before going inside. I don’t recommend them.
Yes..I bought some..see my post “Devil pants!..and Satan Shoes!”….

Back
Top Bottom