Goose egg rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Birdsarelife

Songster
Mar 11, 2024
Colorado
Me and my friend found an abandon Canadian goose egg at a pond. We brought it home and are going to try incubating it. If you have any advice for hatching Canadian geese eggs then that would be much appreciated! We don’t know much about hatching geese eggs so if y’all could tell us about anything that might be important for it. Thank you!
image.jpg

Where we live it is not illegal. It is actually recommended that we help an abandoned egg. It was laid today so there is no development.
You are in the states, yes? Canadian geese are protected by the MBA, so it is technically illegal. Even still, there isn't anything to "save", so I don't see the point of hatching it. You'd end up with a lone gosling, which isn't recommended, and I don't really think you'd be able to give it the care it needs to return back to the wild.

We are getting goose eggs tomorrow actually. (What a coincidence!) so they will most likely hatch on the same day as each other. We are still going to try incubating it just in case because it’s better than doing nothing. Thank you for caring though! :hugs

Me and my friend found an abandon Canadian goose egg at a pond.
How do you know it was abandoned?

It was laid today
Must not have been abandon if you know it was just laid today.
You are in the states, yes? Canadian geese are protected by the MBA, so it is technically illegal.
👆
We are still going to try incubating it just in case because it’s better than doing nothing.
Doing nothing by not taking the egg to begin with would have been best case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom