Granny's gone and done it again

I pretty much always sleep like a rock after midnight, besides getting up a couple times for bladder... about 1:30 and 4:30. When I get up at 6:30 my joints hurt but that's normal for me now. Just takes a bit to get out of bed, then I'm good once I get on my feet.
I sound like Rice Krispies when I get up...snap, crackle, pop!

Morning, Larry. What's the agenda on Taylor Farms for today? How are the hatches going?
Have eggs in lock down. Should start hatching on Saturday if not Friday. Pulling the last of the radishes out of the ground today. I think it is to wet to plant but will check late afternoon. Need to plant okra and Roma II beans. Have one little broody hen, my pet, on 8 eggs I think. She lets me look under her but still fusses a bit. No pecking or fighting as she has been a pet since we got her by accident. She was supposed to be a rehomed rooster. She is brooding in our sun room inside a dog kennel that sits on a table. Under the table she has a kiddie pool with sand, a feeder and water. She goes and comes as needed in complete safety. I'm going to need to get a bantam Cubalaya rooster for her a new guy some how. She has lost her soul mate to a predator. Presumed fox.

I start my day with Mobic. At least when I remember to take morning meds. 600 Gabapentin at night for nerve pain in shoulder. 8 hr Tylennol twice a day. Minimal Trammadol too. Muscle relaxer morning and night. Have been skipping everything mid day. Mobic is for my hands. Doc says no injections in fingers because no one can stand the pain. I know that my mom had them at least once in her fingers. I have to hours to rest until we go out and check on the coops. I'm sure we will be lowering our numbers soon to make ready for or Saipans and Cream Legbars coming in late June.

Back
Top Bottom