Hello!

CombNWattles

Chirping
Apr 29, 2024
Hello everyone!

I’ve been keeping chickens for eleven years, ever since I walked into Agway for some item I’ve forgotten and walked out with five chicks in a box.

My flock currently consists of ten birds: Lacy the Wyandotte, Vanilla the White Giant, Pidgeon the Cuckoo Marans, Raven the Australorp, Ladyfingers and Caper the Black Sexlinks, Nappy and Maggie the Jersey Giants, and Olga and Egberta the Orpingtons. I’m searching for a Jersey Giant rooster to replace my beloved Big and look after the girls.

My favorite part of chicken keeping is sitting with my birds and watching their antics. I’ve come to know their behavior and temperaments inside and out, and I’ve become more aware of my natural surroundings by watching them. They always spot hawks and ravens before I do!

Timber, my mild-mannered Australian Shepherd/Lab mix, still has no clue what or why the chickens are. Sometimes he slowly tries to herd them. XD

I like to draw and paint, and chickens are often my subjects!

I’ve known about BYC for a long time, and I finally decided to join because a couple of my hens have (seemingly) minor health issues, and I’d like some advice and opinions on what might be the matter.
I’m eggcited to become part of this community!! 🐣🐓
IMG_4900.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom