Help a mailman out: undeliverable mail-order ducklings!

Maybe it might be helpful and ease / prevent future concerns if there was a pinned writeup that outlines what the process is? Not sure if you guys do that sort of thing or have a 'wiki' for resources, but we can certainly contribute some insight into what goes on for the final leg of the journey when chicks get to a city post office.
That sounds like "Articles". See the tab at the top of this page.

You might consider writing an article. Contact one of the administrators or even the forum owner, @Nifty-Chicken . I'm sure Nifty would see that it gets published in the appropriate location.

Long story short, your mail carrier cares. The clerks who sort your mail care. The postmasters care and even the paper pushers who write the manual care. And even if someone didn't care, no one wants something dead in their truck/office/workplace.

Yes, definitely.

My chick order this spring had a typo in the phone number on the label. But my route carrier was in the post office, knows my sister-in-law, called her, and then she called me so that I could get them.

They had multiple peeping boxes that day and told me that my chicks were the cutest. :D

I'd be bringing them home with me, living creatures are priority. I'd still be trying to reach the recipients, but those babies would be happy & cozy til then.

I hope all works out. Makes me wonder if you have their correct phone number, or if someone had an unfortunate emergency, in the hospital or something.
Thank you 💕

Back
Top Bottom