Help with my rooster

Thereschs

Hatching
Apr 30, 2024
I have a 1 year old Easter egger rooster. He has been so good until 2 weeks ago, when out of the blue he attacked me.

I have hand raised him and the 5 girls. I hold them every day, feed them treats from my hand and give lots of feather scratches in the coop at bed time.

I hang with them all the time. Now he's aggressive all the time. He just attacked me again upon my entering the garden where I have them free range for the day.

I have tried the pinning him to the ground thing 5 times and holding him extra long to show I am not a threat. He eats from my hand, I can hold him and he will groom himself at my feet.

So what else do I do to stop these random attacks and agression?

So what else do I do to stop these random attacks and agression?
I have no idea what triggered his initial attack or any attacks after. It could be something you did or something in his chicken brain. Sometimes wearing different clothing (different footwear, a skirt instead of shorts, ....?) or carrying something threatening, maybe a camera or a different bucket than normal. I sure cannot tell from across the internet.

If you can think of something that changed or is consistent with these attacks you may try changing it. But I would never trust him again even if you can get him to stop attacking you. You never know when he will go off on a kid or someone else. To me it is not worth the chance.

Back
Top Bottom