Hen won’t let the rest of my chickens in the run

Pbush333

Hatching
Apr 14, 2024
Hello, u wanted to ask anyone if they had any ideas on this , this past spring a fox got in my coop and killed 3 of my 4 hens that I had. So I went and got 9 new chicks and they are about 9 weeks old now they have been integrated with my single hen and besides some pecking they have learned to live together, problem is my single hen is possessive over the run she pecks and chases the little ones back into the coop and it’s starting to bother me cause they need more outside time any suggestions what to do to get her to lay off? I know as they grow they will try more but right now I have to open the big entrance and let them free range or they won’t go outside all day. Would love for them to start using there run and suggestions help thanks

How large is the pen, and are there hiding places where they can get away from her? I would cage her for a week so that they become comfortable in the pen and then reintroduce her.
The pen is a good size for all of them but there really isn’t any hiding places for them I will say that. I have take her out for a week and reintroduced and she is still doing it

Back
Top Bottom