Hi, I`m a newbie!!

JayBloss

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2024
Hello everyone :frow

I`m new here, I don`t have any chickens as of yet, I`m still trying to convince my husband that it`s a fantastic idea.

I`m doing my research into equipment, breed of chicken, how much space I need etc etc

Any advice will be gratefully received and appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Hello everyone :frow

I`m new here, I don`t have any chickens as of yet, I`m still trying to convince my husband that it`s a fantastic idea.

I`m doing my research into equipment, breed of chicken, how much space I need etc etc

Any advice will be gratefully received and appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Read up on Chicken Math when you are planning coops, runs, numbers of hens, nest boxes.... Please don't by one of those small cute prefab coops that says good for six hens and 2 would be crowded in it.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Feel free to take advantage of the vast number of articles here that can help you. @N F C gave you the link for the Learning Center which is a great place to start!

I agree with @LTAY1946 about staying away from prefabs too.

Generally, it's advised to have a coop that has 4 square feet per bird. If you get smaller birds such as silkies, you can drop that down to 3 or 3.5. We have silkies and still run closer to 4 due to them being locked in sometimes for days in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom