Hi! Im new here.

:welcome

Sorry to read of your loss, that's always difficult. Was the flock free ranging or in a coop/run when the attack happened?
It was late in the afternoon, almost time for them to 'go to bed' and they were all in the run. I have 2 separate runs but they are connected on one side. The dogs actually found a place in the fencing (chain link) and pushed under. Once they were inside, they went under the adjoining side. The fence was buried but I guess with my raking and the chickens scratching it had come lose in that spot. Trust me, I'm kicking myself for not noticing.

It was late in the afternoon, almost time for them to 'go to bed' and they were all in the run. I have 2 separate runs but they are connected on one side. The dogs actually found a place in the fencing (chain link) and pushed under. Once they were inside, they went under the adjoining side. The fence was buried but I guess with my raking and the chickens scratching it had come lose in that spot. Trust me, I'm kicking myself for not noticing.

Don't beat yourself up, things happen to everyone. :hugs

I'm sorry. It's always hard not to feel guilty, but none of us are invincible. I had a dog chew right through 1/2" 19ga hardware cloth. My dog. Fortunately, and just by a fluke, I caught it before nightfall. No matter how hard we work, chickens are vulnerable. All we can do is our best.

Back
Top Bottom