Howdy

FowlersFoul1836

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2024
New to the poultry life and am excited to continue on my family's journey through it!
My wife and I bought a few Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks and just moved them into the A-frame tractor we built. Looking forward to coming to the forum and getting to know folks along with gaining some much needed hints and tips!
A-frame.jpg

Hiya, and welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree with the electric fencing ideas from @sourland and also 1/2” hardware cloth buried down about a foot prevents diggers.

If you’ll be moving that around, you can bend it at the bottom to come out about 18” and then pin it down with heavy duty tent spikes or the like, and some pavers/ rocks.

Hello, and welcome to BYC. You may want to put electrified netting or hot wire around your coop. Predators (dogs especially) can readily shred chicken wire.
I've been reading that and have been considering an upgrade to hardware cloth. My only reason for sticking with the CW is that we are on a gated 1.75 acre in a neighborhood that I've grown up in, there's little to no activity as far as coons, possums, or polecats are concerned so I'm not too worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom