Incubating Eggs from Road-side Stall?

I hatched these chicks from a feed store fridge. I buy them the same day they get put in the fridge. The air cells are small. The bad- She does wash them. She also stores them point up boo!. Some are clear. But in the end they are only $5 each carton. And I don't have to bother with a rooster. I also like the surprise chicks. Some are black. (dark eggs) some are Gray, (tan or blue eggs) and some are white or yellow, (blue eggs) and some are black and white or just white (white eggs.)
feed.PNG

Morning update, 3 have hatched and there are 5 others who have pipped. I had to help one chick that got stuck zippering, come to find out the membrane got dry and stuck to it's little wing/back feathers. It seems fine so far, just needs to fluff up. The other two got moved to the brooder.

2 pips on the wrong end, thought for sure with them being incubated fat end up the entire time that it wouldn't happen. Oh well, just means it's a good thing I actually handled them all and noticed otherwise they would of had a hard time hatching in the egg carton. I simply flipped them to face pointed end up, hope that works okay.

Of the shipped eggs two have pipped now, one has a white beak and I'm thinking it will be a light chick, as I'm typing this it is zipping like mad and will likely pop out in a few minutes! The egg with a huge air cell is still kicking. I cannot get it to chip but I do believe it is internally pipped as I can hear what I assume is the "chewing" they do, pretty sure I can hear the heart beat too! The other egg is still doing nothing.

For the road side eggs 2 of the medium browns and a tan egg have hatched, the first black chick has feathered legs. One green egg is pipped, still unsure what's going on with the one I cannot see through.

Will add photos soon!

5 are hatched and in the brooder. 3 are pipped, 2 are internally pipped (one being the large air cell shipped egg) and the last 3 are still doing nothing much.

Here are the first 5, the two cleanest yellow chicks are from the shipped batch.
1A2256B8-DA1B-41EA-81E1-3313C77B0C91.jpeg
5D655D8C-BD0C-4EF8-99F7-FDE3038C6680.jpeg
5D91C52B-BACC-4696-9235-58961C16C768.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom