Incubator Too Hot!!!!! Please Help!!!!!

chixruleboysdrool

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 22, 2011
Portland,ME
My incubator heat keeps going up to 120 no matter what I do. Its a hovabator 2362n. I have 12 chicken eggs coming this week and I don't know what to do!!! Does anyone know what to do? Please help!!!!!
hit.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Maybe your thermostat is faulty. If you have decreased the thermostat and it still goes to 120 then something might be wrong with the thermostat. I have a 2362n too. No problems with the temp. it does fluctuate a couple of degrees from 99 to 101 but I have had good hatched in it.

Is your thermometer correct. Consider checking with several different thermometers and calibrate the one you'll use. Otherwise I agree, the thermostat may be bad.

I had 4 thermostats in my incubator (so it was petty accurate) and it got up to 108 for 2 hours!! All five chicks hatched and healthy!!

If this hovabator has the little toggle switches on the thermostat, flip the one that is in the one position to off, count three real slow, and flip it back on. The thermostat may need to reset and the switch flipping thing may fix it.

Quote:
Mine doesn't have any switches. Maybe unplug it and plugging it back in will work the same???

Here is a picture of my Hova-Bator 2362n. It has been well used. It has the same thermostat my Sportsman had until we converted it to a digital, so now I have a back-up thermostat. I use it mainly as a hatcher.

IMG_3288.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom