Is this the Fastest Pip / Zip and Out ?

DrRob

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
Middle Chinnock, Crewkerne,UK
Hi Everyone,

I have had an amazing experience this morning, When most of my eggs have hatched they have usually taken between 6 - 24 hours from Pipping to being out.
Today I had a chick that obviously wanted OUT - He pipped at 5am and at 7am started to zip and within 20 minutes it was out lying on the floor of the incubator - I couldn't believe it it was like the zip was sped up !

Has anyone ever experienced that fast a hatch ?

Regards
Dr Rob.

That's amazing!
clap.gif
Can't say I have seen one hatch that fast . . . you'll have to watch out for the guy, it'll probably end up being your speedy gonzales of the coop!

I didn't have any on my first hatch do that but I am in the middle of my second hatch and I have had two pip, zip and hatch all in under an hour. Went to take a quick shower this morning and came out to a hatched chick. Sometimes it is amazing how much they want out of those eggs!
smile.png
Congrats on the new chickies!

My very first chick that I ever incubated and hatched came out on this last Thursday...he/she was out in about 45 minutes from pipping to out...
jumpy.gif

My very first chick that I ever incubated and hatched came out on this last Thursday...he/she was out in about 45 minutes from pipping to out...
jumpy.gif

My first chicks just arrived. Pipped 12:10 and I checked at 2 and was already out! I couldn't believe it. Was expecting at least 12 hours. The others haven't even pipped yet. Did yours take a while?

Back
Top Bottom