Isa Brown - Roo or Hen

mlanyi4

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2024
Wilmington, NC
This is Maisy, she’s a 9 week old Isa Brown. This is my first time with chicks/chickens. She has a much more aggressive personality than her siblings. However, she looks pretty dang similar to them.
Any thoughts that she could actually be a rooster?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 20
Nope, all girl. ISA brown are sex-linked, the males are a completely different color than females.
1000007093.jpg

Boys look like this (picture from townline hatchery)

×3

Aggression is not a foreign concept to ISA browns
We’re having a hard time introducing 4 others to her specifically. They’ve been in a see don’t touch coop/run for a week, but the last two times we did supervised interactions she was unkind to say the least.
Nope, all girl. ISA brown are sex-linked, the males are a completely different color than females. View attachment 3816817
Boys look like this (picture from townline hatchery)
Thank you!!
100% Pullet :)
Thank you!!

We’re having a hard time introducing 4 others to her specifically. They’ve been in a see don’t touch coop/run for a week, but the last two times we did supervised interactions she was unkind to say the least.

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

One week is not enough, IMO. I try to do at least to weeks before removing the barrier, but some of my past ISA browns were just mean no matter what. It does t help if the birds you're trying to introduce are younger/more skittish

One week is not enough, IMO. I try to do at least to weeks before removing the barrier, but some of my past ISA browns were just mean no matter what. It does t help if the birds you're trying to introduce are younger/more skittish
I’ll give it another week then. Thanks for the advice. My introduction flock has been hand raised so they’re pretty confident in general. (2 barred rock, 1 RIR, and 1 who knows what lol).

Back
Top Bottom