ISO breeder quality Jersey Giants and non-light Brahmas

Looking for breeder quality blue/black JG breeders and fullsize Brahma breeders, preferring the New England region but not picky if birds are quality stock and can be shipped. Thanks. Looking for spring timeline as well.

there is a Jersey Giant club. Start there! You could peruse NPIP listing for JG, to see if any driveable. You need to look up the stock codes (“R” is the section you need in stock codes on NPIP site), the find the “search by state” and a doc will open for each state you click on. Use “find” function to search for code within doc. Of course, no guarantee on size/standard, but you’ll find NPIP Breeders that way.

there is a Jersey Giant club. Start there! You could peruse NPIP listing for JG, to see if any driveable. You need to look up the stock codes (“R” is the section you need in stock codes on NPIP site), the find the “search by state” and a doc will open for each state you click on. Use “find” function to search for code within doc. Of course, no guarantee on size/standard, but you’ll find NPIP Breeders that way.
Ahh, I shall try the club! So I downloaded the NPIP docs and am having a bit of trouble deciphering the info. It has names and addresses and numerous R and W codes listed next to them, are those the R codes you refer to?

Ahh, I shall try the club! So I downloaded the NPIP docs and am having a bit of trouble deciphering the info. It has names and addresses and numerous R and W codes listed next to them, are those the R codes you refer to?
Yes. “R” is regular chickens. “W” are bantams. No, the codes are not interchangeable where an R100 and W100 would not be same type chicken just different size. The stock codes are in a link on left side of NPIP site. They have them listed both numerically and alphabetically.

One benefit of NPIP listings is that you can see by address who is near to you. If possible, driving to pick up chicks or eggs is always best-less stress. But, not always possible.

Yes. “R” is regular chickens. “W” are bantams. No, the codes are not interchangeable where an R100 and W100 would not be same type chicken just different size. The stock codes are in a link on left side of NPIP site. They have them listed both numerically and alphabetically.
Ahh, thanks, I have deciphered it now!! Awesome tips, this will help a great deal!

So it appears there are NO breeders of either in most all New England according to NPIP and a Faverolles breeder at the show yesterday. Apparently JG breeders are non-existant up here and only Light Brahma breeders are up here. Meow...

Let me know what you find out. I found two JG breeders one near Central MD and one near Pittsburg. I have not heard if any are selling anything yet.

We have Dark Brahmas my daughter was given, from a friend that said she paid a lot for them. I'll have to ask around about their lineage and I am trying to get my daughter to breed that Roo to the three hens and start a new flock from there. I am building a breeders coop to isolate them for hatching egg collections.

Let me know what you find out. I found two JG breeders one near Central MD and one near Pittsburg. I have not heard if any are selling anything yet.

We have Dark Brahmas my daughter was given, from a friend that said she paid a lot for them. I'll have to ask around about their lineage and I am trying to get my daughter to breed that Roo to the three hens and start a new flock from there. I am building a breeders coop to isolate them for hatching egg collections.
Well, so far a few leads on Partridge and Blue Partridge Brahmas but no JGs. I really appreciate the info!!

Back
Top Bottom